"Back in BLACK"

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

"Back in BLACK"

Post by BlackHawk*K »

Hails all,

man i tell ya these last few months just plain SUCKED! i been working my ass off ( one of those weird things that the more you work off the more it comes back though....) i finaly got my cable modem back ( as you might be able to see here) and it feels good to be plugged back in to the WWW. i have no clue whats been happening and as of yet, i have no email address but will post it when i get one setup. i just got off the phone with the techsupport ppl to register the PC with the cable co and this is the first place i stopped by. some ppl asked about the 'responsibility bug' yes i guess it attacked me.... not sure how i feel about it though lol. believe it or not the net is about my only indulgence i have right now and i went nuts without it... lets see. i made a plexi glass puter case... turned out ok except the IDE cables are a bit tight. i went with the box approach hehe. has a blinky light that comes on with noice inside. still looking for something crome to put inside for that guady flashy touch that is SO me. another one of the many projects completed is a dishcabnet since our kitchen is a mear cubicle. a entertainment center done out of clear cedar and oak. hung a few blinds and other misilanious things. well you all know that not much has been going on with me latly. the question is. whats been going on with you all?

till then, glad to be back!
BlackHawk*K
ELH~Lancer

Post by ELH~Lancer »

Good to see you back mate! :salut:
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Lancers%20Sig.gif[/img]
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

Lancer! good to see ya :P

now all i need is a few crazy Okies, a texan and a few californians and it will feel like home again :)
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

Where have you been young man?
Your Mother Mince and I have been worried sick about You, Rene, and the kids. You need to send some contact info to one of us at work. Everybody kept asking me when you were coming back, without getting ahold of you, the best answer I had was "Tax Return Time". I'm glad to hear Rene got some work out of you finally. hehe
:P
Mince is on vacation this week, but I'll yell at him when he get's back into town this weekend. He'll be quite relieved I'm sure. The Bron needs a letter or a call or something too.
I reckon I'm expected to get back online post haste now?
I gotta get back to work, Middle one has practice tonight so no OT for me, gotta do 16 hours in eight.
<S>
WB
Fethr
Biobod

Post by Biobod »

BH good to hear from you...it looks like people are starting to show up again(like me). WB bro good to c that you are keeping busy. Hey did you bring some of that Eridani Ale of yours?
:salut:
Biobod
"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as
night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt"
Sun Tzu
The Art of War, Standard year circa 500 B.C.
Crickett

Post by Crickett »

Blackhawk WOOOOO HOOOOOO , now finaly :o glad to hear you & yours are all ok :) as for goings on we are still in NBT (have a battle sunday 9-28 at 8 pm est) Slammy is on duty teaching counterbomb stuff to troops all around the world :-? buff is a mechmini painting artist :o & we are even on kali alittle to play alittle mechcommander :) we need a e-mail so i can send ya ELH stuff :boss
I Can't wait to get ya dirt side again :duel see ya soon !

:salut:
Lt.Col.Crickett,acting CO.
71st. Light Horse
The White Horse Reg.

On any planet on any terrain in any climate,ELH will meet and defeat any enemy!!!
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

good to see everyone who replied to this :)

im not exactly sure when im going to be back on active duty or anything right now. that responsibility bug still has a strong bite. plus i want to make sure i can afford the cell phone and the net with no problems rather then showing up and getting all active and stuff then haveing the same thing happen again a few months later. it cost me a bit more then i expected to get the net back, around 180.00 after paying for late bill, reconection, first month in advance etc. but for everyone who wants to drop me a line, my new email is now BH-K@comcast.net i also updated the forums with this info so you can click on my name and click the email button.
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

Hello my friend, it is good to sede you are ok. Well as Crickett has told afganistan and kosavo. I am sure I will make trips to Iraq and other exotic places in the comming months. I am at Ft Leonerdwood at the moment but I pick up aqnd disapear for weeks or months at a time depending on mission. When I get a chance, I try to post a short post...or when I got a few days of down time between missions I will even get on comms for a short time. ...Stay puff, Tach, Bio, Lancer and the lads, mother Mince and father Feather Veg, Buff ,Hondo ,hound, Doc and the others I miss you all. l I am rambling...it is great to see you again and this time stay in touch....stay ELH and god bless
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

<sniff>
:-?
Falker

Post by Falker »

Nice to see you posting BH : ) I knew you wouldn’t leave us. Heh. I’d like to think me and you have allot in common minus the real life scenario. Good to see you are still with us bro. Maybe us old timers can keep this forum active if anything , hehe. I’d like to see Mince come back and drop a post sometime soon. : ) Him and Mal are Super Cool in my book. Fether’s like my older brother and Brons is like my oldest friendly commanding officer. My good friend Pain cracks me up and I was glad to hear from him through my e-mail the other day. So.. We are still here : ) Even Slam came in to say hello and that Blimy Lancer came back hehe. . I’ve gotten to like that guy over the years , both of them. : ) I’ll admit that I wanted to get away from here for awhile if not for good. But I keep checking out this Forum from time to time to see what my Friends are up too. And Aye , I remember the Scat fight with Firemane too. Heh. Like 3 years ago , but I remember it . That was some fun man.

Not Retired: Just contemplating

Falker
Malin

Post by Malin »

I heard my name mentioned, so here I am.

Whats everyone playing these days?

:)

Mal
this is not a come back, only temporary solution to a serious addiction problem
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

havnt realy started playing anything right now myself... kinda paranoid about getting too involved into the net till im sure my income is more stable. im looking into homeworld 2, freelancer, mercs ( except i cant seem to get zonematch!!! at about 5 hops to the mwmatch.zone.com master server it times out.... so its not me and its not zone match, its somewhere in the link between us.) mechcommander im not even sure what version it is lol. mostly i just been out to chat and BS and trying to show the wife im not going to be on this thing 24/7 like the old days hehe.
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Malin wrote:Whats everyone playing these days?
They'll never admit it, but most of the guys were playing The Sims Online almost non-stop until they went to Veg's Sim's house for a pool party and discovered (too late) that Veg forgot to put a ladder in the pool, so they couldn't get out and all their Sims drowned. Hondo was so upset he threw his mouse out the window and killed a jackalope that happened to be passing by at that fateful moment...

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Falker

Post by Falker »

Was going to say SSDD and was reminded of that Dreamcatcher movie. That’s a weird movie involving an Alien outbreak. Best part is when they were pumping hot lead into them aliens and shredding them with the helicopter attacks.

Newest thing here I like is the 5’ Galileo Reflector Telescope I bought a few weeks ago. It’s 130mm (5’diameter lenses) by 1000mm focal length. It’s the basic package that came with a German equatorial mount. I saw Mars with it really well here in the valley. I’ll need to take a drive up to the mountains or out in the desert to get a much better view of the night sky.

The science channel said that the Crab Nebula was nearest nebula to earth and I should be able to see it if I were above the smog layer. Then the manual I got with the scope said that the Horsehead Nebula was the nearest one. So , I'll keep an eye out for that one as well. I should be able to see the cloud bands of Jupiter and Jupiter’s Moons when it comes back around in a few months along with Saturn’s Rings. There’s lots of things up there I can look at to keep me busy for awhile heh. The other night when I was looking at Vega ( our closest star) I got a good view of it and it was real bright and neat to look at. While I was zooming in on Vega I saw a comet streak across the view in about 2 and ½ seconds. It was either that or another one of them Flying saucers. That was cool : ) I‘ll see Vega even better when I take the telescope on a road trip.

Was thinking about finding a group of people who like to star gaze as much as I do. Some groups get about 30 people together and head out to the desert to look at particular object in the night sky. Or some very large groups get together about 2 or 3 times a year.

Next I’ll need to upgrade my telescope with better 1.25 eye pieces. They are about $29 US a piece for good ones. Got to get a clock drive motor to attach to my scope so I wont need to keep having to dialing in my sky object. I showed the telescope to my parents and tried to let them have a look at Mars too , but they are so old that they cant keep balanced while looking through the eye piece. One of the telescope catalogs I ordered had a real cool video out eye peace in it for sale. Sweet. I guess you would need to drag a television set out with you to the yard or driveway and plug it in your telescope. That would be very convenient for my folks to view what’s on the TV monitor instead of trying to squint through the eye piece.

Well that’s about it. Some day I would like to build my own 10 to 15 inch telescope. They have build it your self telescope kits available on the net. Hopefully one of these days I’ll be able to find planet X in our own solar system. For those of you that haven’t heard of planet X. , it’s the planet some people believe is there but can’t see it because it’s in complete darkness hiding out beyond Pluto.

Falker
Mincemeat

Post by Mincemeat »

how did I get the feminine roll out of this. If you guys knew feather.........I mean just look at the name FEATHERhorse. Anyway glad you are back.

<S> Mince 8)
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

think it has something to do with your legs :o
Falker

Post by Falker »

Lol Mince : ) Ah , hope you don’t feel that way man : ) Lots of people in here were trying to lead others from finding out their original character by sounding like someone they were not at one time or another. Guilty here as well , you can blame it on my split personality.

I think if this unit continues to use Comms or even continues on for the next ten years to where we get to know each other like the next door neighbors , then we should just drop the act of using our fantasy charters and move on to our original names. Well that’s how I feel about it. : ) If I’m going to talk to someone , I’d like to get to know them a little behind the fake name. Actually, .. hearing someone call your name brings your attention to the matter at hand a bit quicker.

Sorry for bringing this up. I’d just like to think that other people here can see the future as well as I can. Can you imagine us being here 10 years from now? Well, It would be like knowing a bunch of game charters with out truly knowing them. if we continue using our fantasy role player names . I’d like to think that If I’ve gotten to known someone for that long that I could call them by name and communicate like actual adults who are playing with me in the real world.

I think I’m going to retire Falker . He was a good Mech Warrior but it’s time to move on. I’ll just use my real name form now on instead of a fantasy name that leads me to believe that I’m someone else. Hopefully it will catch on in the coming years. It might be 10 years from now but someone here might relate to it.

Anyways, Yes , I like to bowl too. Heck who don’t ? I have a 130 average with my new curve ball throw . I’ve been trying to get the hang of it for awhile now. Need to bowl more often tho. I could bowl better if I bowl roboticly , but there's no fun in that. I'd rather rip the ball down the ally and feel the hit.

Regards Falker aka Kirk
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

i realy kinda liked bowling myself. in fact it was a passtime in highschool to take dates out and bowl. probably uncool now days consider mosh pits and other things that you can get hurt doing :) i also like getting dirty in a old beat up chevy PU 4x4 mudding... there is something just a bit kicky in watching a gal get all muddy and actualy not realy give a sh-t. lol im not sure there is realy much more to me then alot of you know already...

just a plain old joe struggling with the bills.
i like american muscle cars. anything that deals with electronics. umm.... hmmm... books hehe. mostly sci-fi and fantasy types. i believe in working for what you get most of the times. specialy when its things like cars and stuff... i hate getting any kinds of credit due to it usualy gets me into trouble. so with that statement you might be able to see that im a bit compulsive at times. i enjoy ppl who are true friends. not talking about those fair weather types. but the ones who are there no matter how shitty your day, week, month, year is. lol to those ppl i am feircly loyal. at least as much as i can possibly be. i believe in honesty, and in being polite if possible. for me, there is a personal honor in doing the right thing. although it pains me that i am unable to always do that.

i guess in the long run im fairly simple. work hard in life and have fun in your free time. the quality of the ppl i have been privlaged have more then matched, outweighted and overcome any pleasure if have had from any of the games ive played over the years. to you all thanks. the fellowship we have shared over the years has been great and to be honest has greatly affected me in many ways.

there. thats pretty much me i think? lol ::shrugs::

and for those who feel they got the personel connection to use it? my name is Chris

<S> and good hunting.
ELH~Lancer

Post by ELH~Lancer »

Damn! After all this time I find out that Feather is not a woman! Double damn! I had a crush on her, er... him.....for quite awhile....... Triple damn! Did I type that out loud :o
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Lancers%20Sig.gif[/img]
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

hehe not realy getting all that personel here, its nothing realy that alot of ppl dont know about me anyhow. i know that in alot of ways the net seems faky on how ppl seem to present themselves most of the time. this can be bad in alot of ways as ppl allow themselfs to be a way here they would never be in real life. if you all ever been in chat rooms like Yahoo, AOL or others you have seen this. ppl who are rude, demanding, volitile plus a whole lot of other bad things hehe. i just prefer to try to present the good things that are me on the net. or at least the good things i want to be. the net is a good place to explore our personel moral codes and to either be ad bad as we can be, or the best we can be :) at least in my case, i know for sure that trying to be the best person i can be online, it has sometimes given me streangth to be that way in real life.