What Would You Do Without Your Computer ?

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker

What Would You Do Without Your Computer ?

Post by Falker »

I got a returned E-Mail from a Good ol Friend of mine that inspired me to think of what Life I could have without my computer. Heh , I know he was just joking and all but I came up with a Wish List of my own : ) The topic was : What would you do with out your computer….. Get a Life ?

My Answer ::......Image

Yeah Maybe. Only for a while tho. : )

A Life Requires

A. A Beautiful Wife
B. Livening in a quiet 2 story house surrounded by a white picket fence
C. A Healthy Pay Check
D. At least 2 children you can raise in your own way.
E. A Dog or Cat or both that get along
F. Friends outside the company
G. A nice ride to and from work

I Think I could be happy right there. :-) If the above wish list were present , then I would have what I consider to be a Life. Till then I’ll be a computer operator without the $alary.

Regards Falker
Malin

Post by Malin »

Being now in my second week without a PC I can describe the symptons of PC withdrawal syndrone.

1. Nail biting
2. Prone to flying off the handle at the smallest query
3. Pacing round the house non-stop
4. Flicking through TV channels non-stop
5. Insomnia
6. Ringing the PC repair shop everyday, twice a day for an update.

In a perfect world I think the only way to not get these symptons would be to be married to a nymphomaniac, but if I was I wouldn't need a PC in the first place.

Malin
this is not a come back, only temporary solution to a serious addiction problem
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

I can tell you where you're headed from my personal experience, Malin.

The insomnia gets cured because you start falling asleep while channel surfing. The up-side is that you have more time to dream about what it would be like to be married to a nyphomaniac.
Although my list of completed honey-dos ain't nearly as impressive as Hawk's, I have managed to keep her happy and she has on occasion returned the favour.

Fethr
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Well in my bedroom alown I have 3 computers. and well I use ALL of them all the time. So if I was to lose my computers, what would happen

Well I might be shining up my gun :o

Na I have done without them for time periods, such as the blackout
I read battletech books, Paint minies, feed the fish, play with the dog ....

tho trust me I still like having them around :D
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

well i wasnt realy out of my computer. but being unpluged off the net was sure a pain in the rear end...

first off, you would be suprised of the old games you would try playing again on single player.... after the total boredom of that you go buy new games to play. (generaly out of the cheap 9.99 bin) you start reading books. ive must of re-read about 10 of em and about 10 new ones since my time off line. then there is the honey do list.... and some guys out there might be suprised to find that your wife actualy LIKES some time to herself lol. went swimming alot this summer, alot of evening walks. then you have the bouts of thinking how all your buddies are doing. add a bit of guilt for not being able to actualy say 'see ya in a few months ' in a proper way. threw all that i was still extremely bored. you would also be suprised of the minor nonsence you would LOVE to be able to look up on the internet... what exactly does a 69 chev impalla look like? or a 63? what are the local ghoast haunts around your area? you know, just BS. i actualy had to watch the tv show 'friends' for once in my life. the sad thing was i was interested in what joey was going to say!!! so in the end. being unplugged i was left with a worse feeling that i needed a life then before :)
Falker

Post by Falker »

Um,.. I’ll take 3 clean nymphomaniac’s and a 12ve pack of Eridani Ale please.

If I had that , I would have a beautiful life for a couple of days and forget all about my computer.

Thanks for the thought. :wink:
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

BlackHawk*K wrote:what exactly does a 69 chev impalla look like?
I had one of those! It had a leak in a fuel line, right next to where some wires had shorted out...

:o

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Tach Deneva wrote:
BlackHawk*K wrote:what exactly does a 69 chev impalla look like?
I had one of those! It had a leak in a fuel line, right next to where some wires had shorted out...

:o

TD
Um Tach, that means you could have been permentaly without a computer
O dear god the agony. Imagion, in heaven, and no computer to dile into a mechcommander game with. Then again, could be worse, if hell, then you would be given a 286 with say mechcommander 2, and forced to ply online with a 28.8 modem :roll:
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

...and you could only connect to other games with Zone Match, and the only MC league active would be the MLL.

THAT'S HELL.
:evil:
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

hehe understood Doc. My alledged sensitivity to your plight prompted me to forego the usual LBS. hehe

Mince is a bowler too, he can relate.
It takes balls to be a bowler, and come out in a public forum.
Oops I just outted Mince...
Oh well, it worked out in "Sweet Home Alabama".

I wonder how Grayson has been...

Fethr
Mincemeat

Post by Mincemeat »

Yes I am a bowler. I am on a league on Wednesday nights. I carry a 192 average. I only have one bowling ball at this time. Ebonite Stinger 15 lb. but I really need a plastic bowling ball for the 7 pin (south paw) I have thrown the brace away because I feel it made me weaker by depending on it. My average didn't suffer too much from this change. Anyway, I use bowling as a vent from work and life in general. It's nice to hurl a 15 lb ball at things and not worry about if you break something.

<S> Mince