Thank Yous

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Featherhorse

Thank Yous

Post by Featherhorse »

:salut:
Thank You Ob for sticking your head in with an update.
Thank You Slam for using your precious PC time to say howdy and get a sitrep.
Thank You BH for being a real person on the WWW.
Thank You LK for being just so damn smooth while showing me the lag Gods are alive and well.
Thank You Lancer and 151st for proving that even though we live an ocean apart, we ain't that different after all.(That, and not laughin at me when you can't understand what the hell I'm saying on comms.)
Thank You Mince for keeping me going when I couldn't.
Thank You Buff, for actually doing something noteworthy with the 21st and ELH.(And keeping me from wasting time painting minis, and focused on painting my house instead.)
Thank You Bron for giving me somebody else to worry about occasionally when I wonder how somebody has been.
Thank You to those not mentioned, but you know I shoulda.
Thank You for being my friends and my family.
Thank You all.

Thank You for making this more than just a game.
Charlie "Featherhorse Ravenwater" Grau
Tulsa, OK
September 29, 2003

<S> :drink_bud
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

wow,

i realy dont think i could say it any better myself.

except this one thing. thank YOU feather for helping me keep my head on strait and always given me your honest opinion, even when it was hard to hear. and thanks for being a friend.
Crickett

Post by Crickett »

:D to cool feather!

Lt.Col.Crickett,acting CO.
71st. Light Horse
The White Horse Reg.

On any planet on any terrain in any climate,ELH will meet and defeat any enemy!!!
Falker

Post by Falker »

And Thanks to Fethr for being a die hard Horse Man

I was going to say something else , but I’d only end up getting a bit mushy about it near the 17th paragraph. So in short , aye you can have a sip of my bud light man .. I’m glad your still with us.

~~> Crisp Salute

Falker ......Image
Malin

Post by Malin »

I'm always surprised to realise that I've known some of you for 8 years now and even though we don't play (To old to stay awake at 4am here) we still stay in touch.

Mal
this is not a come back, only temporary solution to a serious addiction problem
Biobod

Post by Biobod »

Damn Feth...that was from the hart man.
<S>
Biobod
"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as
night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt"
Sun Tzu
The Art of War, Standard year circa 500 B.C.
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

Yeah well, with LK comin in a ways back, Slam checkin in, BH FINALLY rearing his ugly mug, and Ob too. I was filled with a warm fuzzy fealing that overflowed onto the forum. I was getting a little verklempt or I woulda drug on forever.
:barf:
I now return you to your regularly shceduled crotchedy, cynical, and irreverant Fethr.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

You missed one

Tkankyou VEG for teaching us all Veg Script
:lol: :lol:

Ya its scary how much time I have spent online with some of you guys. I rmeber joinng up in steiner way back when. Hondo thought I was out to get him origionaly with the UZI, I was running. but he ealized I was taking out all the recrutes. I had been playing mech 4 since it came out, and joined steiner 2 monthes after that, so was well practiced. but dam been with some of you guys that long. and I know some of you guys been together much longer.

Well its always good to know I got a place to stay when I go states side, and people to visit. :salut: :gulp:
Mincemeat

Post by Mincemeat »

Even though Feather and I have only known each other for a little over 4 years now, I can honestly say without a doubt I really look up to him as more than a mech head. If you guys knew what a great father and coworker he is, you would know what I mean. Thanks Feather for being a good friend.

Mince
Falker

Post by Falker »

Ditto , But I got a big mouth sometimes that gets me into trouble a little too often. I mostly blamed the command staff for me not being able to feel comfortable talking on Comms. Just too old fashioned I suppose. My old GDL friend Cricket has tried several times to get me to jump on and chat with the group. I admit that I was starting to feel comfortable taking to Cricket and Father waiting for a drop one night.

I’ve just gotten used to using Kali for several years , then the forum. Now days lots of people like to talk and play at the same time. For me It ruins my concentration and I feel I can’t be an effective pilot. The thing I strived hard at , is being a good Mech Pilot. I thought that in the end , people would mostly notice the good game player and not the smooth talker. Some people are good at doing both but for me I’d need to get rid of that Clan blood and flick off the switch to the machine that lets me play well , or just give up and find something else to do like playing the Sims heh. It’s just not enough to be a good player these days. I feel I would have to be a bit of a politician to fit in.

Anyway I feel bad that I might have drove off some of the better pilots here in the past. I know Steel quit shortly after I through a bitch at the command staff for some odd reason. I actually liked Steel and was maybe a bit jealous of him for being a better person then I am. I like Slam too and am also jealous that he can run Comms like I can only dream of. , and I feel he holds me at blame for Steel leaving here.
I’m sorry that happened.

The More I think about it , some people have a good decent life . I feel bad for not having one . I’d like to see my 8 year old daughter. Underneath all that friendliness I try to show at times , I’m sad or mad as heck that I can’t . Yeah , if you look it up ~> A Cancer feels too much . It would be hard for me to act like someone I’m not , unless I can type it so you wont know. And that’s the real me.

Take care

P.S. Very nice to see you Mince. Now there’s a guy with allot of heart. ... :) ... I’m so gald to hear from you.