Reforming the Troops

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Slamhammer

Reforming the Troops

Post by Slamhammer »

Well this is tenitive but I have that old feeling again....I figure we can get togather once a week see if we can get those juices flowing and see if peps would want to form back up...just as a fun once a week thing and then if the intress is there we can go competive again....Intress from the old guard has been good....BH,myself, crickett, Bio, Firemane, Tach Puff and the lads from across the pond so we could make this work...but for know lets just play and see if the intress is there.....give me so some feed back....
Mincemeat

Post by Mincemeat »

I may just have to knock the dust off of my computer for this one.....
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

huh for some reason my web browser said this was already read. good thing i took a look again :)

i would be interested in trying to knock some rust off. i would also like to try to do some shooting with the 151 guys during the weekends ( if i can get up early enough ) now, where and when? im not sure, keep in mind im pacific time, and usualy dont get home till around 6 pm, 9 eastern.

im very currious on how the HC has effected Mechwarrior, and to be honest, ive sorta lost my interest in Planetside due to i dont have alot of close friends on for most of the times i play. so i may decide to stop my subscription of that game.

anyhow, will check back for more input for everyone else on this..
Biobod

Post by Biobod »

hey BH...i have been playing HC the last couple of days and its a lot better than regular mercs. Now heat is really an issue(hard on laser boats)the weight of weapons was somewhat altered for ballistics so its also harder to do ACboats...in all better balanced...the only thing is all DL's to be up to date(maps,mechys,patches,etc,etc)
If you can try it.
:salut:
Biobod
"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as
night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt"
Sun Tzu
The Art of War, Standard year circa 500 B.C.
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Biobod wrote:If you can try it.:salut:
Hear, hear! Don't wait around for the final version - that's scheduled for April, 2005 (maybe earlier if all goes well) Grab the latest beta and let 'er rip. It's not like the Mektek beta stuff - this is OPEN to the public, anyone can download it and play and watch as it develops.

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Mincemeat

Post by Mincemeat »

does anyone have a list of patches, updates etc... I have decided to do a fresh install and give this bird a whirl
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

well im all patched up and ready to go.

after actualy READING tachs instructions i got it all done LOL.

now we just need to try to figure out some times to get togather, where to meet etc.

Please keep in mind, i am no longer a mech jock. i have little skills compared to before. so now is the time for all those i have killed to get together and just blow me to bits for hours on end ;)

im good for any day of the week or weekend that im aware of, unless of course something comes up with the kids or the wife.

im pacific time, so any time after 6 PM pacific on week days are good. ( thats 9 eastern.)

lets post em up and see what happens folks :D
Firemane

Post by Firemane »

<S>

I'd certainly like to give it another try. I even got the OK from "the boss". I think it would be easier to try and pick certain nights and a time range. I think weekdays would work best for me. I got HC4 downloaded but I will try to set it up sppn. Tach- got any configs that work good with the new HC settings?

I wish they would just go stock for once. All the NBT guys talk about all the "actual" unit strengths in their discussion about the league but for all their talk of "realism", I don't recall that any storyline BTech rosters were full of boat mechs.
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Firemane wrote: Tach- got any configs that work good with the new HC settings?
Good old CBT-style Rifleman - I like the one with 2 LLs, 2 AC5s, and 2 MLs, but ya can make almost all of em, and they're woot. May replace me olde Dragon (unless we get a Grand Dragon later).

TD
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

I think the weekend would be the best bet to kick the dust off, maybe on mid afternoons or evenings on sunday. what do you all think....
Crickett

Post by Crickett »

works for me :D
Lt.Col.Crickett,acting CO.
71st. Light Horse
The White Horse Reg.

On any planet on any terrain in any climate,ELH will meet and defeat any enemy!!!
Biobod

Post by Biobod »

me to.
:salut:
Biobod
"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as
night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt"
Sun Tzu
The Art of War, Standard year circa 500 B.C.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

ok guys, how about we try tentivly for 2 days, one week day and 1 weekend day, lets say Wed and Sunday?

now we just need to hammer out times.

to be honest with you all. i doubt i will get back into mechy without my friends to shoot at and to shoot me. i mean from what ive found playing mechwarrior in the past, and planetside recently, even though there are some great games out there, i find i just dont have a huge interest i once did without the 'ties that bind' or in other words the friends you made playing the game.

its been great bumming around with the 151 guys with planetside, but im also missing all my friends on this side of the pond as well. esecialy a few Okies i hanvnt heard from in awhile ( you know who you are! )

it would be realy cool to get this 'old pilots never die, we just turn into rexo' mechwarrior night hoppen and see what comes of it. so speak up ppl lets post what times are good for us and get something coordinated :P
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

oh i forgot, i kept this poor old excuse for a web site up just in case MAHAHAHA. oh ......

http://home.comcast.net/~bh-k/index.html