back again.

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

IMO they're just a way for the government to make more money, not the safety measure they're supposed to be.
you got that right lol. i suppose some ppl do drive safer. but most ppl either dont care or just like you said.

its interesting becuse ive seen this myself recently. we had a streatch of highway being worked on. i understood the declined speed while the road crews were around. i mean some ppl are idiots and drive like a bat out of hell no matter what. but what got me, was that after the actual work was done. they kept the speed limit down. and ive seen more police with speed guns on that streatch of highway then i have the whole 10 years driving it! of course any fines double if your get busted within a work area here. but i mean a full month with no road crew in site and they are STILL out there. the sighns for road crew are STILL up. believe it or not i used to not be so pestimistic about stuff like this. but after time seeing it again and again, it changes your attitude.
Warcry

cell phones

Post by Warcry »

one time i was driving out of a parking garage and this girl was driving way past her side of aisle. it just pisses me off because it can't be that important a call that can't wait until after she gets out of a tight parking garage. that happened a few months ago and i'm still pissed off. lol

and headsets may free up one hand but i think it is still dangerous.

about that road crew sign - thats just wrong!

sigh... i am getting grumpy.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

hehe warcry. i recomdend the game flatout, nothing like getting out your daily driving frustrations driving around a track, tearing up your car and crashing into those bastiches!!! UHG! :P besides that... you dont wear a seat belt in the game, so you get in a bad crash your guy goes flying pretty well too
Warcry

Flatout

Post by Warcry »

maybe training me to become a bad (ok... worse) driver than i already am is not such a good idea. u might as well give me two cell phones. hehe
Falker

Post by Falker »

Hey You Get Married Yet Steal ? How that going for Ya

Oh er um . I think BH came up with the free Free Space II about a year ago in the forum . Sry didn’t mention it sooner bro . I still have Descent Freespace and Freespace II bought and paid for :P Love Em ! It was a blast playing em man. On Freespace II there’s enemy ships that spit flack up at you as whilst you cruise through the their capital ship formation looking for that sweet spot to lay down your missile.

Yeah I used my CH game stick to play that. I’d need to hook it back up and calibrate the bad boy before I could begin playing again. I’m mostly into single player campaign. Home World was My Favorite and That would be the one I’d consider playing On Line. Lots of options to pick and choose from in that game. I played Nexus On Line and you know what … all we did is blow the shit out of each other. …. The end.

With HW I could at least build up my defense or offence and play an interesting game like chess. I never got around to it tho. I figured it would be no fun playing with someone I never new. Or I’d get some geek walking in there that would just smoke me in no time.

Beyond that there’s Total Annihilation. I used to sit there and just play this game ALL day long. I still load it up once a year to kick it around a-bit. Lots of new bots on the net to pick and choose from and It’s Robot’s Destruction to your hearts content.

Descent was a good Multi Player. If they made a newer version of that game with spruced up graphics ,… I’m In.

Don let Warcry fool you. He was an Ace Pilot in that game . I still reminisce about it. :wink:
Descent was way fun to play.
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Now that you've mentioned Total Annihilation, it's reminded me that its 'spiritual successor' is due to hit the shelves soon. Made by the same guys who made TA, u still get loads of stompy robot goodness....cannot remember for the life of me what it's called tho.....Still, since hitting 22 my memory isn't what it used to be...i dunno how all you old guys manage :)
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

well in my case, i got married and now let my wife remember everything :D
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

ah well, i have yet to find a women who'll have me.....or rather, get one drunk enough to have me :)
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

.or rather, get one drunk enough to have me

dont worry moose, it will happen..... and if you get drunk enough too at least you will THINK its a women :shock:
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

BlackHawk*K wrote:
.or rather, get one drunk enough to have me

dont worry moose, it will happen..... and if you get drunk enough too at least you will THINK its a women :shock:
For the last time, the sheep shagging accussations are false....ok?!?

:lol: :lol:
Falker

Post by Falker »

Lmao :)
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

For the last time, the sheep shagging accussations are false....ok?!?
That's not what I've heard . . . . . . . . ! :shock: :roll:
(A quote from a famous film - correct identification will lose you loads of street cred. LOL!)
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

WhyNott wrote::):):)
Stealth spam!

TD
Last edited by Tach Deneva on 05 Apr 2006, 10:48, edited 2 times in total.
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

No, not quite!
I could tell ya, but then I'd have to kill myself! :shock: :lol:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

stealth spam deleted.
Helmut
Mincemeat

Hey hey guys

Post by Mincemeat »

Man it's been a while, life is pretty much the same here, Anthony is almost 2.5 years old (they grow up quick). As far as Mech, I play Megamek on Sunday evening with a few guys I played btech with back in my highschool days. I have a server set up on 70.185.218.145 so feel free to hop in anytime. Right now we use a 4000BV starting point and will be incorporating campaigns and scenarios soon. We play at 9:30 CST and we are running version 30.5. It would be nice to see a few "old timers" hop in and play a few. I also have a battlecom server running and if you are interested send me an e-mail and I will send you the setup specifics. My e-mail addy for this stuff is baggadmin@cox.net. Take care and I hope everyone is doing well.

<S> Mincemeat
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Mince! Come back... :) Interested in Mechy??? Check out the threads in the Mechwarrior 4 forum.

A couple of folks here play MegaMek as well. I am just not personally that interested in turn based stuff.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Stealth spam!
- TD
stealth spam deleted.
Did I miss something here? Educate me, what's this stealth spam you guys mentioned!?

Falker

Post by Falker »

I knew you’d come back one day Mince’y boy. Been wondering what you’ve been up to man. As for me , I’m starting to type more and more like Fethr everyday. Short and Simple. Tell that guy that he’s still welcome to come in here and post one up once a year if he wants to. Only once a year tho. :wink:

I’m glad your okay over there. Thanks for the post.

<S> Bro
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Thanx for explaining that stealth spam stuff matey! I would have been oblivious to it myself anyway - not my thing running around clicking on peoples' smileys!! :wink: