email question

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

email question

Post by Grifter »

Would there be any reason why I can't send email via outlook express to webmail accounts? I can't seem to send email to my buddy, Gerry, who uses a hotmail account. But I can send one to my Yahoo.com account just fine? Soooo my e-mail works but refuses to send to certain e-mail accounts. weird.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

When you say "won't send" what exactly do you mean?
Is it a) stuck in your outbox or b) it goes on its merry way but he never gets it?
The Jedi Master
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I have heard talk of certain e-mail accounts being banned from being able to receive e-mail from certain others, in some sort of bid to "encourage" people to change their accounts to something 'compatible'. :shock: But it is all rumour and conspiracy theory AFAIK - but would it shock you it was actually true? :roll:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
RevRaz

Post by RevRaz »

Ya, does it bounce back or does he never get it?

Can try mine, revraz@hotmail.com
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

It never leaves the outbox. I just tried Rev's Hotmail and it won't go to him either???!!! WTH!! Here is the error message:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'revraz@hotmail.com'. Subject 'testing my email', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 permit denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Tell you what, I had a similar problem on my mobile text messaging last week. it appeared to be system lag by all accounts. :shock:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Gator

Post by Gator »

I wonder if your ISP (comcast) has changed some smtp setting in an attempt to curb spam ....
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Thanks Gator, Found this under the Help FAQ at Comcast.net:

Why can't I send email to hotmail.com or msn.com?
At this time, MSN and Hotmail are experiencing problems receiving email from some domains, including Comcast.net. If you are unable to send email to an msn.com or hotmail.com address, please try sending the message again at a later time. Microsoft are aware of this issue and are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

Is it me or do the subject and verb not agree in that last sentence? ah well.
RevRaz

Post by RevRaz »

Well, you could always get a Hotmail account to email him with. Or Gmail, which is better than Hotmail.
Softball

Email

Post by Softball »

I like Gmail better than Hotmail. If anyone wants a gmail account, let me know, I have over 100 invites (2 accounts) waiting to be sent out.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Gmail? Tell me all about it mate, what are the benefits?

Gator

Post by Gator »

Grifter wrote: Microsoft are aware of this issue and are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

Is it me or do the subject and verb not agree in that last sentence? ah well.
Depends if Microsoft are plural or Microsoft is singular.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, do we refer to Microsoft as THEM or IT or what? That should provide you with an answer. But generally speaking, M$ IS a company, who ARE very big!! :shock: :lol:

RevRaz

Post by RevRaz »

GMail is Googlemail, it supports Pop3 as well as web based.

http://gmail.com
KODIAK wrote:Gmail? Tell me all about it mate, what are the benefits?
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Right, and I read the Subject Verb Agreement rule, in this case, as Microsoft being treated as one entity, and therefore singular, despite its ginourmous size and multiple incarnations. Kinda like a loaf of break where there are a lot of slices but I treat the "loaf" as a singular subject of a sentece like: The loaf of bread has gone stale.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Hey Grif, your spelling of Ginormous - is that really the way it's spelt? never used the damn word myself, so wouldn't actually know. However, you're talking about a loaf of break :shock: . . . .and then you want us to take you serious about something as 'huge' as the Subject Verb Agreement rule . . . . :lol: :lol: :roll: . . . . . :wink:
. . . . .sorry dude, simply could not resist. 8)

Softball

Post by Softball »

Kodiak, if you want a Gmail account, PM me with a current Email address and I'll send you an invite.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Sure, I'll get back to you once I've gen'd myself up on what it's all about, mate.