The OOPS! List

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

The OOPS! List

Post by KODIAK »

Not sure if this has been brought to the general attention of the group before, but this is definitely worth a look. Consider that at one time or another, you have had a 'bad day' at work, then pity these poor muppets:

http://www.micom.net/oops/

Notable classics would be 747extremelanding, helitow, JustLost MyJob. But there are simply too many to mention,. However, you should take note of "Quantasnote.jpeg". Much as I understand several of these pics/movies have been fatal, there are others which have simply left me howling! :lol:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Where are the muppets?
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Most of them have probably a) Expired or b) lost their jobs by now I would imagine.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
RevRaz

Post by RevRaz »

One is mowing my lawn.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I was just looking at the damngoodtailhook.jpg pic on this list. 1. that was a damn good tailhook (if it was and F-14 or E-2C then it probably would have broken under the weight strain). 2. The aircraft in question looks like an F-4 or its little brother, tail section is correct but engine exhaust is set back to far and the aircraft is to small to be an F-4, plus it has sweptback wings which the F-4 dosen't. I've never seen that aircraft and I wonder if that was the aircraft that led up to the design of the F-4.

Edit search:

I've done a search for this aircraft and upon careful review of the photo I have learned that that is VT-25, and that looks like the TA-4 series trainer but I am almost certain that they flew the TA-4J back in 72 but it has the size and general shape even though the canopy clearly slides back and the wings are sweptback plus the intake is clearly smaller here and more level with the fuselage of the aircraft versus the schematic drawing that I found. All in all it says on the side of the aircraft that the squadron it belongs to is VT-25 and the only aircraft that was small enough back then to support the picture is the A-4.

Talk to you later guys.

DA

Something else I missed, the rudders are set to damn high in the photo of the mishap versus the schematics so I am back to square one. If anyone knows this aircraft let me know. Its eating me alive.
Last edited by daofcmacg on 05 Dec 2005, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I believe that's the T-2 Buckeye. Yup:
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/t-2.htm

Trainer for USN.

The T-45 Goshawk, based on the British Hawk trainer, has been replacing it for years and it should be gone within the next few years.
The Jedi Master
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Actually no that is the F9F-8T cougar, they flew that back in the 50's.

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

That's what I get for only looking at the tail and not the front!
The Jedi Master