Guess the Movie from a description of the Book

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Tach Deneva

Guess the Movie from a description of the Book

Post by Tach Deneva »

After Terra is destroyed in an interplanetary war, a mustered out Galactic Commando (and Native American, specifically, Navajo) relocates to a mostly agricultural planet, where he signs on as a ranch hand, herding big blue critters that are that planet's equivalent of buffalo. Accompanying him are his team of psi-sensitive, genetically-enhanced animals: a dune cat, an African eagle, and a pair of meerkats. He soon adds another member to the team: a gray-spotted Appaloosa.

But finding a new home is not the only thing on his mind. Shortly after his arrival, he makes the acquaintance of the son of the man he has come to this planet to kill...

What movie was made from this?

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Dunno...but the book sounds terrible. Who gets that sort of junk Published? I mean really...I need to write a novel this summer because if that guy got published anybody could. I'll see if I can think of what the movie may be.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

it sorta sounds like beast master. its the only thing that comes to mind with the animal discriptions.
RevRaz

Post by RevRaz »

Sounds like an episode of Futurama.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Sounds like. . . . . . . . a book I probably would regret buying and would rather throw in the bin!! :lol: :roll:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

It is Beast Master, but the movie is not at all like the book, very few similarities.

You would watch the movie just to see Tanya Roberts though... ;)
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Oh god, Beast Master?? LOL!! I remember watching that B movie tons of times on cable tv when I was like 12 years old. The only good part of the movie was Rip Torn who played such a great villain.

As for Marc Singer..Yeech! The guy can barely act.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

It's an excellent book, written by Andre Norton and first published in 1959. I challenge you to read it, and THEN dog it - if you still want to.

Here's a very spoilery review:

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue366/classic.html

:mrgreen:

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple