TIR 4 Pro...Away!

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Jedi Master

TIR 4 Pro...Away!

Post by Jedi Master »

Well, I got the TIR 4 Pro for Xmas, as I suspected. ;)

I've hooked it up and it works great. Only had a chance to test SFP1, Op Tainted Cigar to be specific, and Il-2 so far, and I can see I'm going to have to learn how to use this! It already amazes me at how well it seems to work.

I hope to try it tomorrow night when flying LOMAC or F4 or whatever we do.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

cfs3/off?
Helmut
RevRaz

Post by RevRaz »

Think it works pretty good with 1.04 F4AF.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Strange, I can't seem to get it working with Falcon4AF. Would appreciate some help there guys, if anyone has the time? 8)
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
RevRaz

Post by RevRaz »

1.03 or 1.04 patch? 1.04 adds support I believe.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I am at v1.04 patch myself, Rev. But maybe am just looking in the wrong place - I'll go take another look, cos I DO remember seeing the "TIR not detected" indication at the set-up screen. :?
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I've tried it in CFS3 and OFF...works GREAT. You move your head TOO far and the game starts showing gaps in the plane, but as long as you move reasonably I can see around the cowling and struts and stuff.

So far I have tried those 2 plus SFP1/WoV and Il-2. Only F4 and LOMAC left to test!
The Jedi Master
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Now, that's one I HAVE tried - LOMAC. And, I know in the original game, it was awesome to use.

Gator

Post by Gator »

With all this talk about the TIR4, I found this and almost, well, ... you'll have to watch it ...

http://media.naturalpoint.com/video/gam ... F-Demo.wmv

Some of you may have seen this before, but I was amazed.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Very nice! The 6DOF is a lovely little add-on for TrackIR, eh?! 8) I'm still kind of getting used to TrackIR3 itself right now, there's an element of skill involved in controlling "your head" LOL! :lol: The secret for me is NOT to move the aircraft whilst moving my head pos'n or vice-versa. But there's no doubt it is a distinct advantage.

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Just been up in the air with SFP1 to test out how well it works, and it was just fine, smooth if nothing else. And I went on a BARCAP (first proper mission), shot down 8 (eight) MiG-15s. :shock:
Took a long time to locate them, and only after calls from Traffic Control and checking the the map, did I manage to find them. And at that, it was difficult to spot them. :shock: :? They were flying in four pairs, and they didn't seem to react at all to being shot down! :? I know I have it on easy, but that was ridiculous! But man I tell ya, that Sabre's cannon is mean, REAL MEAN! One burst was all it took for most of them. Just working up to things easily. And I already know this is going to be a mean game to play - it will certainly test eyesight and SA. The main objective being to make everything in Falcon4AF a little easier, by practising in SFP1. No bloody radar for the earlier jets like F-86F Sabre, and the missiles in the Vietnam era jets are very unreliable as per real life, radar isn't looking like it's THAT easy. Like Jedi said in an earlier post somewhere - the parameters for a successful engagement are somewhat tighter than any other sim we've played. But I think it's worth the money I paid for it (£2.60 incl. P&P :wink: ), and recommend it to anyone looking for an alternative to Falcon4 or LOMAC.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

see Misc Air Combat...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Will do thanx, Steel. Never mean to hijack the damn thread, it just happens sometimes.
Anyway, baclk on topic, I still can't get my TIR to work with Falcon4AF, anybody offer any help here? :(

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

I use TiR2....yes it's old. But in F4AF, there is a toggle button somewhere in the setup/options screens that enables TiR support. I'm at work so I cant remember where it is. I will get TiR4 soon, been saving for a AR15 so I'll make do with my 2
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Buff... ..l..

you live in a non-communist state you bastage! :)
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Jealousy will get you nowhere!! LOL :lol:

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

heh...and good old Dad is a FFL so not only can I actualy get a now pre-ban (post-post-ban?? )......I can get it for dealer cost plus shipping =)

I'm going with the Bushmaster Carbon M4 in a M3 flat top config. I cant decide on either an Aimpoint Comp3ML or a 3x32 Trijcon ACOG. I am also picking up a 1:8 twist 24 inch SS varmentor upper to depopulate the local parrie dogs.