AA -a thought

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Post by Softball »

What commands you looking for Steel? The only ones I know to use are W,A,S,D for directional movement, and the E key to "flare" the chute. If you "flare" too much, the chute will collapse. Takes a little practice to learn how to time the flare.

The Live jump is some crazy stuff, you jump from the plane at night, in the clouds, and when you clear the clouds, you have about 3-5 seconds to steer the chute and flare to the circle (target) area. Not easy I can tell you. :x

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Just re-installed mine - it's at version 2.4 so will need to d/l a patch for that v2.5.
Once I get my profile re-instated I'll d/l v2.5 complete overnight or whenever I have some other stuff to do. It'll be around 900MB I would think - did you say you had it uploaded on the server Steel? Gonna take a look then, cos am sure the d/l is faster for me on the ftp. Guess it's cause there is no other traffic . . :? :?: Not thatI'm complaining, of course! 8)
I managed the chute jump quite quickly, although I found the chute almost impossible to steer very well at all - so more luck than judgment I guess. Have to say thopugh, had I known the chute had a 'flare' facility in the game I might have hit the target on one or other of my previous jumps. :shock: The sniping was pretty much as Steel described it, a breeze to be honest (but I aways have liked the sniping side of any of the FPS we played.). It was the evasion side of things I found a decent challenge, although the game advice can be a little dubious for that part. I found my own way through using my own techniques in the end, but it seems a little sensitive in places where it appears to be a trigger thing than a sensing initiation of AI reaction, as you move through particular locations. My answer to that was simply to avoid that position again. And also there are one or two locations when you should instinctively get up and run into a temporary hide, when you are about to be discovered once th AI have been triggered or you have a limited time to make it through open ground. There were times when I had to pause to wipe my hands off in that part, they were sweating so much. 8)
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

the flare - that is what i did not know about. i don't ever recall having it brought up either...

no, it is not uploaded. there are plenty of servers that you can get it from, many options. if you have a fileplanet subscription you can get it even faster. i think it might be good to use getright. but why not just use the patch to 2.5? it is the same thing...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Yeah, d/l'ing the patch as I type. And the main problem I think is that I may have used my old 'normal' e-mail addy in Canada. And even though I think I remembered my user name, I am not sure they'll release my profile to me. Well, gonna contact them and see what they say. But to be honest it looks like I'll be re-training, LOL! :lol:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Softball

Post by Softball »

Patch? What patch? I just DLed the full version and didn't see any patch.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Gator

Post by Gator »

Kodiak only had 2.4 downloaded. He needed to patch to 2.5. If you downloaded 2.5, there is no patch.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, that's me re-registered after patching-up to v2.5. Still waiting for an answer from AA (not much chance until normality resumes after the xmas break period I guess!).
Re-started trg under another username for now. All I have left to do is E&E and sniper school. Sniper school should be easy enough, but getting 'expert' at basic weapons is absolutely infuriating. You know it should have hit, but . . . . . :? :roll: Then the live jump, I was almost pulling my hair out. Control is almost non-existent, so I recommend getting the angle right as you jump out the door in the first place - I made about 10 jumps before managing to land in the right spot, and still say it's down to sheer bloody luck for the most part.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

AA dedicated server is up. check server forum for details.
Helmut
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

I'd be very willing to play - it's probably one of my top 5 FPSs cause of realism. I've passed all my tests, but I can't play, mainly due to the fact that I can't d/l the latest version (for rather obvious reasons) :(
"...and the bombs go BOOM and the walls crash down, bang, bang, boom, boom, war is a terrible thing, OK?!..."

[img]http://www.stevelanephotography.co.uk/aviation/TEMP/Area51.jpg[/img]
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

AA dedicated server is up. check server forum for details
Cool! 8)