AA -a thought

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

AA -a thought

Post by Hammer »

http://www.simhq.com/_land/land_028a.html

reading this brought an idea... do we have enough folks here to populate a server for MP adversarial? I would say 8 folks would be enough - maybe 6.

WoF vs ELH??? or just mix and match?

the game is superb, the thing that kills it for me are the other players out on the internet...

thoughts?
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

we certainly have enough folks, and price would not be an object.

I have the current version installed.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, I still have most of the stuff on HDD, including the v2.4 patch, so all I need d/l would be the v2.5 if that is already available. Passed all my tests and stuff, am sure it will hold all that info online still. All I need to do, is find my registration & log-in info. :lol:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

man I would have to start all over again as a rookie...not something I would want to do but I would take one for the team. Now I keep seeing comercials about a new AA out for the playstation so I take it its for sell???

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Gator

Post by Gator »

the pc version is still free. My login and training was still on file when I checked it out last week. I still have all the available quals.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

ive only played this very little when it first came out. i dont even remember if i made it threw all the training.

ive always been a tribes type guy. anything with a bit of sci fi involved suits me fine :P
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

you don't have to start over, as long as you can recall your member info. you also do not have to have all the training...you have more options available with the additional training completed - it does not prevent you from participating.

this is modern Army stuff, no sci-fi.

does that mean you are out BH?

the idea was we could have private gaming sessions and not have a bunch of fools in the game...but enough to populate both teams and have some fun.
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

well i did like ghost recon. so i guess we could give it a shot. just depends on the times and stuff i guess.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Member info Steel? Can you get by with you e-mail address to start a trace? I think I can rem my log-in not sure, but the p/w is anyone's guess - see what I can dig up. Let you you know how I get on in this thread.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes, i think just an e-mail addy will work.

others that play it more would know better (i have not touched the game since it first came out and added the airborne stuff).
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, I guess there's only one way to find out, eh?
Airborne stuff? I rem the para jump during the tests, but don't rem any airborne stuff, obviously AFTER we all had a blast at it.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

KODIAK wrote:Well, I guess there's only one way to find out, eh?
Airborne stuff? I rem the para jump during the tests, but don't rem any airborne stuff, obviously AFTER we all had a blast at it.

Oops. I was thinking that you had done parachute drops in real life but then quickly sussed out that you were talking about the game. :shock:
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well, i have... :)

BTW - i never did take the time to figure out how to do the PLF in game so I would not squish myself... that was probably my most favorit part of RL Airborne training. Ungawa, the Free Tower! Like an amusement ride.
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

So, has everyone re-downloaded this by now?

Steel, do you know if you can host a dedicated server for AA?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes - i am downloading it to the server now. once set up i will see about registering it to track stats as well.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Okay, think I am d/l'ed and installed, but will need to get online sometime soon to test it out. 8)

Softball

Post by Softball »

I got mine reinstalled and remembered my username (Softball). Requalified my marksmanship badge, I got Expert. So the first thing I do is goto Sniper school, OMFG!! That's some HARD stuff to master. The breathing and moving scope pisses me off, I know I can hold my breath for longer than 2 seconds. :roll:

With my bad luck at Sniper School, I decided to goto Jump School. I passed the Tower training with ease, then I moved onto the Live Jump. I have 2 words, "Broken Legs". :shock: Man do I suck at this stuff, good thing it's just a video game, lol.

I will have to practice practice practice.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i thought the sniper school was a breez...

the free tower has got me, i don't know the game commands for the plf... maybe you can tell me.

i got it downloaded and installed on the dedicated server - now to just figure out how to set it up.
Helmut
Hudson

AA

Post by Hudson »

I'd like to do some ground pounding stuff instead of just flight sims, never played AA though. What do I need; went browsing around the site a little; looks like just AA v 2.5.0?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes - then create a user and do the training...
Helmut