1.0 update.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

1.0 update.

Post by BlackHawk*K »

looks like they just did a major server patch. it was down for a half hour. no more warnings on the main website. will check it when i get a chance and let you guys know more on how dependable it is.
Hammer

Re: 1.0 update.

Post by Hammer »

what a pile. cannot do any multiplayer at all. typical nowadays for a 1.0 release.

I wonder how they actually get to create all the multiplayer videos they show? oh wait, that was pre 1.0. seems difficult to go backwards, but they have succeeded.

BH,
any word on their forums about fixing this crap?
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Re: 1.0 update.

Post by BlackHawk*K »

well for me, single player mode has been nothing but stable since the hotfix. i have had no problems with setting up or importing control. even when im experimenting and switching back and forth. the only downside i found is i have to restart the game every time otherwise it wont recognize the joystick. ( but, i have had problems unplugging the x52, especially in game, it will make my PC crash, not sure why.)

as far as i understand it 1.0 means this is now OFFICIALLY alpha. what we had before was pre-alpha. this has been stated a number of times by the devs. rather right/wrong/whatever, this is how they are viewing it.

as i said last night. that was the first time i have attempted to do a multiplayer setup with anyone.
all of the devs are on holiday right now. there is no word on why this build flopped so bad. since this was such a rush build they actually pulled real plays to download and test this build before release. from what i heard, there was no major problems during that testing phase. so it was a shock to everyone when the server issues came out. a number of Devs worked a few days into their vacation to fix what we have now. but clearly someone borked something in the servers.

there is no fix for now. until the team gets back from holiday. (after the 1st of the year.)
the video on the main page is of single play Vanduul swarm.
the only way the multiplayer seems to launch right now, is if there is a full team. ( i believe you need 4) but i havnt had a chance to confirm this with a real live player yet. one multiplayer that seems to function ok is the battle royal mode. but, because of how the new detection system is, how powerful rockets are right now, and how hard they are to avoid, the fact that a lot of the people who play that have the Hornets with 12 rockets, i cant imagine it would be that enjoyable.

i will keep watching and will let you know if and when the multilayer aspect becomes 100% stable.

as for me, i guess i will just dink around with what i can so i can learn more about it.