cross chassis upgrade madness!

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

cross chassis upgrade madness!

Post by BlackHawk*K »

they have a whole herd of cross chassis upgrades going on right now.. ( CCU for short)

if your looking for a pure dog fighter but dont want to spend the $$ for a hornet.. then the avenger to mustang delta upgrade might be in order. ( i melted my LN and sprung for the exrtra 30 for the delta.. great ship. i think the mustangs are shaping up to be a great group of starter ships.)

if you have a MR.. you can go to a mustang alpha for free. ( no risk. because the alpha to LN is free too!)
but, if you decide to go totaly crazy. the mustang alpha to Auarora LN upgrade is $5.

lots of stuff to see and check out of interested.

not sure how long the CCUs will last so thought i would post it here.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... duct_id=66
Hammer

Re: cross chassis upgrade madness!

Post by Hammer »

no way I would melt my Avenger. I have LTI, and if I melt it I lose it.
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

from what i understand. you are correct, if you MELT your package, you will lose the LTI. however if you cross chassis upgrade, or even upgrade the chassis after the other Avenger Variants come out.. you will maintain your LTI and it transfers to the upgraded ship.

i know there is a lot of talk on the forums about this subject. but i understand not wanting to risk it.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well alrighty then:

"Will my insurance carry over to ships I have applied a ship or cross chassis upgrade to?

Yes, the insurance would be transferred to the upgraded ship/package."

so I can keep my LTI. dammit, now I might have to think about it. how about a comparison with the Delta and the Avenger?
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

hmm i know the avenger has the large front gun. but only 2 wing guns.

the avenger is faster then the mustang

220 for the avenger.
200 for the mustang.

watching some videos about the avenger, it seems it is very maneuverable as well. dosnt seem to slide threw space like other ships tend to do. ( not like my cutlass, guy on the forums said it was like a raging bull on ice.... i agree. and disappointing top speed of 160)

the mustang delta can use 4 size 2 weapons ( 2 on wings and 2 on front turret.) and has 2 dumb fire rocket pods. i know from experience the rocket pods are fairly potent.

the avenger does hold cargo i believe.. where the mustang does not ( unless you get a alpha and then purchase a store-all mini when the PU starts.)

its kind of hard to compare the 2. i guess you will have to think about what you will be doing in the PU.

its kind of like comparing chevy work van to a, well, mustang convertable... but are useful and depending on what you are doing one will be better then the other.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

hey Hammer, i was doing some youtubing and im not sure i would trade your avenger in.. as much as i like the mustang delta... like i said the some of the videos out there showing that thing being really maneuverable. probably more so then the mustang delta.

here is a video here look about 7 minutes in and watch the circle with the upside V that indicated the way your ship is heading... the damn thing snaps back to reticule a lot faster then anything i have flown so far.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r86ymeN5Rw0

when they had the M50 test ( origin racing ship..) i think the avenger is about the same... plus add the front weapon size and cargo space. it may be a keeper. i think the mustang may have more fire power, but it lacks cargo and is a little slower.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yeah - I do not think I would exchange it. I like it and I do not think there will be that many, it is pretty unique looking compared to the other ships in the game.
Helmut
Arclight022

Post by Arclight022 »

Hawk, what would posses you to try and dogfight with a Cutlass? isn't that like trying to enter a NASCAR race with a tractor-trailer?
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

well a Cutlass is supposed to be a fighter. a cheap fighter from Drake. back when i was looking at a pledge package i wanted something that would cold hold other crew in case a friend wanted to jump into a turret. i wanted something to be able to haul cargo. ( for solo play). but in the description it talked about how it was a fighter/ militia ship and it was described as super nimble. then they released the advertisement, and it was shown as nimble even there. i have no idea why they chose to release it in the state it is in right now lol. but it will be in squadron 42 single/co-op game.. so the team doing that is going over it again anyhow. i hope they improve it.
Arclight022

Post by Arclight022 »

granted I am coming late to the party, but I never saw the Cutlass as fighter. More of a support vessel, sort of like an Osprey Gunship. I think it is going to be extremely useful in salvage and dropping players off into combat, but unless you have the turret manned by another person, I don't see it in the same light as a Mustang or the 300... the nimbleness I think will be more evident in atmosphere, for tight maneuvering and such. I watched the video, and I dont see how you could duplicate those maneuvers without HOTAS and Rudder pedals, as you would need more control axis' to get all those variable thrust units working together.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

like i said, i based my opinion about it on what was presented about it.. on the stats page and the brochure. both specifically state its a militia ship. the back story of the Cutlass is a pirate ship. from what i understand of the story line, the whole reason their is a police and medic version was for drake to try to get away from the pirate stereo type. but, you look at the other ships in the Drake lineup, they didn't try too hard ;)

as the Cutlass stands in real game play. its a whale. a Aurora could beat it up. if you look at the speed stats i posted, its the second slowest ship in the game so far. even with its overly large engines. and the way it slides around everywhere and how once it starts turning you have to over correct it to stop it. makes it impossible to aim. its slow speed, makes it impossible to get away. as the ship stands right now, i cant imagine any pirate, or militia using it for any reason. there are huge discussions about this on the RSI website forums. the simple fact is, everything about it is opposite from what was represented about it. its slow, flies like a truck with bald tires on ice, has very little armor. while the weapon load out is not bad, it dosn't matter if you cant aim them.

no one expects it to go totally head to head with a hornet. hornets were designed for military use. but people do expect ships like the 300i and even the mustang alphas should be at least afraid of a cutlass and they are not. and, i would honestly think a Aurora with a decent pilot poses a threat to it. you would have to fly one to truly understand what im talking about.

all i was really getting at was. that after all the statements made about the Cutlass ( like its silhouette is feared, etc.), the video about it. (and i can do maneuvers similar to that in the video with my simple joystick. it just dosnt look as pretty) the Cutless is the least feared ship in Arena commander at this point... its as slow as a Aurora ( or close to it.) its twice the size, but has about the same armor, and a Aurora is twice as easy to control. the only reason people take the Cutlass into AC right now is to laugh at it and watch the big engines wiggle around.

now, with ALL that being said above. that is only its CURRENT state in the game. the Squadron 42 team are in the middle of a Cutlass redesign. as it will be a part of the S42 game play. so who knows where it will end up. the physics in Arena Commander isnt even all setup yet. and i think a lot of things about the Cutlass was neglected just so they could get it in the hands of people who own one. one guy even showed how after blowing off is main engines, it caused no effect on its fly ability. absolutely no change in its top speed or maneuvering. this bothers a lot of people. i just enjoy exploring the ships and stuff. as a Cutlass owner, i was just happy to take it out for a spin in free flight. and i try to look at it two ways, i can just be a backer. and wait for the game to finish then go play it. or i can be a alpha tester and participate in the game play and balance every step of the way. for now, im trying to do the later. as to my poor Cutlass? i expect a lot of changes. so i am keeping it for now. even though the majority of Cutlass owners feel its one of the most neglected ships in the current state of the game.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

gunships are also useful. remember combined arms is the way to go.
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

just to show you how bad a Cutlass is at maneuvers here is a video of a bunch of guys trying to race them LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YzBBphiQww