update 1.01

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

update 1.01

Post by BlackHawk*K »

some nice changes in this update.

official site info here:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... 1-Released

i didnt spend a lot of time on it today. im still not feeling all that chipper. but, here are my observations so far.

neutron cannons.....
if you are willing to spend money in the voyager direct store you can get some.... but i would wait.
i got mine off my cutlass. ( they come attached to the turret.) they are a really heavy hitting weapon. but produces a huge amount of heat. you get get off about 2-3 shots holding down the trigger before they overheat. in mechwarrior terms. as far as i can see, these are the IS AC 20 of the SC world... would be great if you have a fast ship to equip them on, however. slower ships have a hard time closing in to get them to work really well.

the Cutlass Black.....
they finally added the turret on the top of the ship. but, they dont have multiplayer setup (yet.) so its slaved as a regular turret. this adds a little more firepower to the cutlass.
its no longer flies like a pissed off bull on ice.... it flies like a mildly irritated cow on ice... so, i guess thats an improvement?
they increased the speed from 160 to 180... but, it takes so long to change direction and accelerate that you spend most of your time under 160 anyhow... so YEHAA!!! space drifters!!
its an improvement, but this ship is undergoing a LOT of tweaking. right now its in that hands of the guys making squadron 42 because it will be in the single play/co-op part of the game... will just have to wait and see how it goes.

the Avenger.....
the only change i can see, from patch 1.0, is that you can no longer remove the front weapon on the ship. for right now, its proprietary. BUT! its a damn good weapon, so.....

your radar now tracks missiles... its a useful tool, im glad they added it.

the single player server seemed a little buggy. i got a few disconnects, but like i said, i didnt spend a lot of time on it..
i have yet to try any multiplayer aspects of the game. i plan to do a few drops when im feeling better.

will update as i get more info..
Hammer

Re: update 1.01

Post by Hammer »

I might be changing my Avenger for a Mustang Delta. they seem to have hosed it. seems I have time to wait and see though.

the added ir signal to missiles so they appear on radar is pretty silly - ir signal has nothing to do with radar.
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Re: update 1.01

Post by BlackHawk*K »

well they call it 'radar' but i think its more of a futuristic sensor suit. as far as i know it detects 3 things. IR, em emissions and on larger objects the cross section of a object. ( the later would probably be the actual radar.)

i was looking earlier, but i guess it was a limited offer, but it may return. at one time, you would of been able to cross chassis upgrade a mustang Omega to a Gamma. then you could of upgraded your way up to a delta.

the thing about the delta that i really like is, you can equip 4 size 2 weapons on it... so the panther laser repeaters are nice. but so are the Omni 6 canons. and the rocket pods are a lot like SRMs in mechwarrior.

but, in your case i would keep the avenger, the nose gun thing may be temporary, and it still flies very well with a good speed at 220. plus, keep in mind the Mustang Delta is a fighter only. where the Avenger you are able to haul cargo and do other things.

also, a side note on the Avenger.
the Avenger and the Cutlass are the first two ships in the pipeline to be rebuilt for modularity. so we dont know what they will end up like. ( the main reason im keeping the Cutlass...) and if i understand what they have said so far, you will be able to swap out the prisoner cells for other equipment or leave it empty for even more cargo.

so if i had to vote for a ship for the PU when it gets here for a good all around ship. i would vote the Avenger.