Post by Softball »

Amazing detail.

Damage Modeling - LINK

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
BlackHawk*K

Re: Damage Modeling

Post by BlackHawk*K »

yea it looks great dosnt it. they were not bluffing when they said they were pushing PC hardware/software to the edge lol.
Softball

Post by Softball »

I read an article today that SC will use 100+ GB of HD space for installation. Wow...

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

yea......

ive been trying to keep up with the Dev comments about it.

even though it will have to go a certain amount of optimization and compression, they are going to have so much information that they are having trouble figuring out how to store it all....( on the client PCs)

maybe we should get free hard drives with purchase? LOL.
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I was planning on running this game from my SSD, but the 256G SSD is not going to be big enough so it looks like it's going onto the slower 2T HDD :(
I should expect to have to do another upgrade by the time this game actually "comes out".
Maybe I can get a 1T SSD by then for under $200. I wonder if my 16G ram will still be enough?

PDT_Armataz_01_42
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

well from what ive been reading so far, its not the PC Ram that will be the huge issue... it will be the GPU ram on the vid cards. since they can only store so much info. the bottle neck seems to be transferring data from PC Ram to the vid Ram. thats why the new damaging modeling is such a big deal. the 'old' way they went about doing it was they had stage models for damage states. the hornet in pristine condition stored about 17 megs in video. but with all the added damage modeling, it was over 100 megs. now, because of the NEW procedural damage states, its back down again.

will be interesting to see how they go about the storage problem though...