Patch 1.1.0

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

Patch 1.1.0

Post by BlackHawk*K »

the details of the parch are here. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... 11-Is-Live

some notes and observations.

i found the automated landing feature kind of cool.

in free flight mode ( both single and multiplayer.) you can target the landing pads much like a friendly air craft. once you are within a close enough range. you can go into landing mode. request permission to land and then turn on the automated landing feature and it will bring you the rest of the way in. they have a good write up on it on the RSI site.

downloading and install.

RSI requests that everyone uninstall and re installs the launcher and game. ( if you want anything saved such as control exports and screen shots, save them out of the directory.) there are a number of reasons for this. one they moved the files over to a cloud system and deleted some of the older files that were no longer viable. this caused some metafile errors for some people trying to update SC. this is the first build to try to help out how the launcher handles patches. so you will need the NEW launcher and files for this to work in the future anyways.

there was a some problems when they first released the build, but i was able to get it up and going just fine after they fixed some problems.

( THIS IS A LARGE DOWNLOAD DO IT WHEN YOU GO TO BED IF POSSIBLE...) the first file should be around 200 megs, the second file is 25Gigs.

there are a lot of noticeable improvements to this patch. but the majority of the stuff is setting the stage for future things on the way.
Slamhammer

Re: Patch 1.1.0

Post by Slamhammer »

LOL large down load ( understatement) yea BH I did it last Friday started it before i went to work at 1030 pm it finished at 0645 the next morning. going to have to get with you on line so you can help with control config.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

hey slam!

yea no problem.

its one of the main reasons ive been keeping up with Star Citizen. i figure we will need someone around who has half a clue whats going on lol.

the game is definitely a huge work in progress. and things are changing all the time. but its nothing we didnt go threw in MWO. and i have been enjoying the hell out of myself lately doing co-op vandull swarm on the public servers.

so if you on and want to try it out. send me a message. i usually leave my steam on as well.
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

Roger....I need to start really learning the ins and outs ...control interface and the various pods, weapons and senors we can use.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

well Good news Slam!

when they release 1.1.2 it comes with a tutorial. hehe. i played it in the public test universe and it was ok. i hope they get all the bugs out before release. they are expecting a new patch at the end of this week i believe.

there is a TON of stuff not implemented yet..

at this point you can only swap out weapons ammo and shields. power plants, thrusters, sensors, etc has NOT been implemented yet.

the game is a LONG way off from being a great open sand box experience.

but, supposedly they should be coming out with the squadron 42 single/coop play aspect at the end of the year. ( the tutorial of 1.1.2 is the test bed for the AI stuff for SQ42.)

but i have to say i have been enjoying the hell out of just the stuff they have so far. and it even gets more interesting when its PVP. even with the bugs and balancing issues. ( balance is all over the place. one patches super weapon is the next patches nerf bat until they find the happy medium...) the next step for me is to play with wing men on coms and stuff. Bron and i have done a few vandull Swarms. ( hell of a good KB and mouse player BTW...) and i did a public vandull coop with Thurstan Last from N71 the other night. it was a lot of fun.

if you pick a time your going to be on. let me know, i will make it a point to try to get on to help out if i can. my attendance is kind of wishy washy right now. since the weather has gotten nicer i am in the garage trying to get my shop together how i want it, i plan on trying to make some cannons for sale once im ready. ( since i seem to get laid off so much lately...) so i have been working on getting my metal lathe in tip top shape. plus some other items i need to get setup correctly. in fact, this goes for anyone who wants to play or try to get used to the game. just post something in the forums or PM me here.