Package split between Star Citizen and S42 date confirmed.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

Package split between Star Citizen and S42 date confirmed.

Post by BlackHawk*K »

howdy all.

like the title says, we have the final date when they are splitting up star citizen persistent universe and squadron 42. this will happen on February 14th.

what does this mean?
it means that when you buy a game package after February 14th, you will no longer get both, star citizen, and squadron 42 in a single package. they are essentially 2 separate games based on the same universe.

what does it mean for per-existing backers?
nothing, since we have game packages before this date. all game packages we have, will include both games.

so, if you know anyone who is interested in star citizen and you think they would like to participate in both SC and S42. between now and Feb 14th would be a good time to pick up a package. keep in mind it doesn't effect stand alone ships, since they don't contain any game packages at all. so let them know to look at the 'Packages' and not just ships.

at this time i am assuming a star citizen package will include the same items they do now, except the squadron 42 game. i do not know what the squadron 42 packages will contain. ( meaning, i am not sure if the S42 packages will give access to arena commander and stuff like that.)

if i come across any more details i will post them here.
Stache

Re: Package split between Star Citizen and S42 date confirme

Post by Stache »

Are you guys playing this now? Have been eyeing this and was wanting something that most of the old Mechy's were playing.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

hey Stache!
beem awhile man :)

i know a lot of us have a game package already, but i think im the only one paying around with this on a constant basis. Star Citizen is still in alpha mode and they are still developing the game. nothing confirmed yet, but they are thinking that squadron 42 will be out by the end of this year. and the sandbox part of star citizen later then that.

if you have any questions about the game ask, and i will see what i can do to get the answer for ya.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

ok all, some new news about the package split.

the start package after the 14th for each ship will be $45. once you buy one, or the other, if you want the other game, it will only cost $15 to pick up the other game to combine the 2. so after the 14th of this month, it will cost a person a total of $60 to get both games.

for those who might be interested in getting the game, but are unsure if you system can play it or if you would even like it. right now is a freefly week until 2.14.16. all you need to do is create an account then download the game. check it out here. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

if you want free 5K of in game money just for signing up please us my referral code: STAR-DF9B-QYQW you get free in game money and if enough people use it, i get free things too!
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I've been trying to recruit guys from BSK (on MWO) to get this game too. I'll try to remember to enter your code into team speak next time I'm on.
Oh and by the way, if you want to join us, we are usually on the TS Comstar server. Just look for BSK, and we're in one of those rooms, not too far down from the Dropship rooms. (I usually just hit the b key a few times to find it.)