Liberation Persian Gulf 020123

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Cr33p3r

Liberation Persian Gulf 020123

Post by Cr33p3r »

My CAS attacks on the SAMs

Xpendable

Re: Liberation Persian Gulf 020123

Post by Xpendable »

I lost 3 aircraft last night. Mistakes were made! I am in good spirits but I got my *** handed to me! Not totally unexpected given all the SA missiles flying all around me. I am surprised I evaded as many as I did. I got blown out of the sky by multiple warheads before I could do a JDAM loft. Had the jammer going, too.

The next loss was on me. I tried taking off from the middle of the Saipan (LHA) with a full load. Uh, nope, that ain't going to work! The sad thing is, I totally knew better but tried it anyway.

My 3rd trip out I was able to hit 1 emitter with an AGM-122 but the next 2 missed. Never got a chance to use the IR Maverick or the 3 LJDAMs I was carrying for I was constantly dodging missiles. By that time lots of friendlies all around and having success at taking stuff out so I headed back. I made the fateful decision to NOT jettison my stores. I marshaled near the carrier and dumped and burned fuel down to 1800 lbs. Should have burned off more. Thought I could do it. I could not. I went in right after the ship's stern. That's also on me!

No video from last night, but here's a tacview rundown of 8 SA missiles launches at me in a span a few minutes:
Also note that peoples' AG missiles are getting shot down by the AI.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Thats wild... awesome job ducking and dodging.

Creeper got away from the 1st one too. Not much chance on the second one it looked so close.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Trichome wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 11:00
Thats wild... awesome job ducking and dodging.

Creeper got away from the 1st one too. Not much chance on the second one it looked so close.

Did someone say dodging and ducking?

Dodged 16 SAMs without getting hit:

Closeup of when 6 SAMs were launched at me at the same time and I dodged them all. Check out the one that missed me at around :20

I hit a few targets at the same time too!

6 SAMs at once starts around 11:00

Best Wild Weaseling I've ever done before or ever!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Good job Bones.....
Bones

Post by Bones »

Trichome wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 06:54
Good job Bones.....
Thanks, that was the best I have ever...or will do...again. Like you were saying I think 16 SAMs is a new record!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot