Wed 17 Feb - DEAD results

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Wed 17 Feb - DEAD results

Post by Hammer »

So we have partial missions success thanks to the persistence of the DEAD flight. The search AND tracking radars at both sites have been eliminated, along with command post at the Sukhumi site and a couple of other site components at each. We will need to clean up the rest of these SA-10 sites on the next mission. Look for a new package in flight signups soonish.

Note they do have other, short range SAM's protecting them.

We also cleaned up enemy air forces fairly well.

In the future, we will not use the flight name designations as we have since they do not actually correspond to the flight names in the game. We will probably just use the flights mission as the flight designation.
Helmut
Grifter

Re: Wed 17 Feb - DEAD results

Post by Grifter »

For the next DEAD flight, I propose using JSOW-A or GBU-38's or some other stand off weapon. The SAMs are not lighting up for HARMS, even on a gun run.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Alternatively I can bring a Tomcat and launch TALDs at the SAMs together them to light up.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

But they did not respond to even low-level passes from me. Will they respond to the TALDS?
Bones

Post by Bones »

Grifter wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 10:29
But they did not respond to even low-level passes from me. Will they respond to the TALDS?
They may with all 4 of them flying at them. I think the mass of them alerts them enough to light up and try to shoot them down.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Well, shoot, let's give it a try then!
Bones

Post by Bones »

Grifter wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 18:04
Well, shoot, let's give it a try then!
Roger roger.

Remember for best results we need to get high and fast.

v6,
boNes
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Make it high and slow and you've got a Cheech and Chong-perfect approach!
The Jedi Master