Wed - Mar24 session results

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Wed - Mar24 session results

Post by Hammer »

Initially everyone decided to focus on the T80 battlefield interdiction mission at Gori. Thanks to some good cover and Vikhr missiles by Panzer that mission was accomplished.

We then switched gears back to the airfield interdiction mission, finishing up Gudauta with manpads and AAA destruction and more fuel dump hits and some ammo dump hits. The we switched to Sochi-Adler. Jedi and Grifter entered that airspace, Grifter engaged some red air as Jedi salvoes off two JSOW's with one hitting the SA-6 radar and the other hitting its target as well (don't recall what it was). From then on red air was hot all over us any time we got close and it was not until later after most people had left that Bones and Hammer were able to get back into the target area. Bones engaged the air targets and Hammer hit the east-west runway and then took out 2 SA-6 launchers. Next Wed we should finish cleaning this airfield up by taking out any remaining manpads and AAA, hit the secondary runway, and the ammo and fuel dumps.
Helmut
Hammer

Re: Wed - Mar24 session results

Post by Hammer »

I also forgot, immediately after Jedi sent those two pigs on the way he engaged the two aircraft that Grifter was tangled up with. Two kills. So two ground targets and two air targets eliminated in about 90 seconds (only because the JSOW's took that long to fly to their target).
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Overall a good night. Jedi's final salvos were definitely the highlight. I did manage to shoot down two Floggers approaching from the east to pave the way. Thankfully, Jedi was able to quickly take out the other MiG's after dropping his JSOW's. I was in a tough spot.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

That was some great and fun flying last night. See you guys next Wednesday night.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Yeah, that was one of those "once in a million" situations where I was able to get the numbers punched in, race to drop range, let all 4 go, then switch to A2A and engage without being caught by SAMs or fighters, and got my 120s to track as well, all within about one minute.

I think one missed, so I fired 3 for 2 Flankers. Made up for all my deaths earlier in the session...
The Jedi Master
gravyy

Post by gravyy »

Great job guys. Ill try to be online tonight
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Sounds good. I'll be online at 8:00 EDT as well.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen