Sunday Snowfox Missions 012322

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Sunday Snowfox Missions 012322

Post by Bones »

Trichome, Mason, and I went up to try to finish off that Hawk site. Air to air was again relentless and prevented us from hitting it.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Re: Sunday Snowfox Missions 012322

Post by Bones »

BTW, since Friday I and now we have been noticing that red air has been somewhat relentless and missiles seemed borked.

On Fri night I lost 2 Hornets trying to strike the Hawk site and I was jumped by bandits everytime. I never even had a missile hit the bandits. So I switched to a Tomcat to clear out the bandits--and I lost 2 Tomcats to them. Even my Phoenixes didn't hit. I was noticing that when targeted, the bandits would turn and run which makes it harder for them to get a sustained lock at 40+ mile range and keeping me from firing Phoenix. THen they turn in with other groups and overwhelm me.

I thought at first that maybe it was just me, or because I was lone wolfing. But In the above hop with both Trichome and Mason, we noticed the same sort of thing. Between the 2 Hornets that Mason and Tri had and my Tomcat, we fired mo less than 8 missiles between us, maybe even 12, and NONE of them hit (Including Phoenix). We all got shot downafterwards. It was frustrating, it was as if what's the point of us flying against them then?

It did get better in the next round (Too bad you had to leave Mason), where Trichome and I finally got kills--but we lost Tri in the process and I was running for it.

Just thought this was odd...

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

you CANNOT go in by yourself. you must use the F10 menu and call for support. even 3 human pilots should not go in alone.

if we want this to be a solo or dual player mission i can really nerf the read air, but then it will be absolutely no challenge on group mission nights.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

I've been able to at least duke it out with bandits before, even alone. But the deal with the missiles, well, that is the kicker.

If 3 human pilots are not enough, then this mission is overwhelming...there are times when there will only be 3 of us, like that time last Monday or the one before when it was just you me and Grifter.

v6,
boNes
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

AIM-120 and Phoenix are not infallible. It is not the mission, it does nothing to change weapons. So that leaves AI capabilities, DCS bugs, or DCS nerfing. If you feel it is a DCS issue, and get that frustrated, we should stop flying DCS until it is fixed or live with it.

Or fly head to head. PDT_Armataz_01_35 PDT_Armataz_01_36

When we flew last Mon during darkness, it took me 4 SD-10's (which in my experience perform better than AIM-120's in game) to down 2 bandits. Unusual, but it is what it is.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

can you try another mission to see if the issue persists?
Helmut