Liberation Caucasus 092122

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Liberation Caucasus 092122

Post by Bones »

v6,
boNes
Last edited by Bones on 22 Sep 2022, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Cr33p3r

Re: Liberation Caucuses 092122

Post by Cr33p3r »

This map was outstanding! I really enjoyed it and Xpen got me back interested in the Av8B. Need to watch some training vids. Once the Mi24 are in this mission, I will be flying more CAS. There were clusters of troops I tried to take out in the Av8b but I couldnt' see them. My Mi24 nose gunner and the waste Kord gunner would have had a field day! Plus the AAA wasn't as bad as on Marianas.

Some vids from last night:

Av8b action with Xpen as my instructor:

My Av8b landing (the good one, not the one Trichome saw)
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Here's the AAR...

we definitely have them thinking... they took some decent losses.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cr33p3r

Re: Liberation Caucasus 092122

Post by Cr33p3r »

Enemy front line losses will increase with the Mighty Mi24!

How did we lose two harriers? I landed successfully both times. Perhaps I have to taxi to my startup ramp area for the mission to register returned aircraft?
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Cr33p3r wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 05:47
My Av8b landing (the good one, not the one Trichome saw)
Nice job on the landing. Don't forget to put your HUD in VSTOL mode when landing, even if doing a conventional or short landing. Why? So you can see the the nozzle setting right on the HUD and so you can see the JPL represented as a hexagon on the left of the HUD. This helps you know if you are getting close to overheating the engine and how much more time before it does overheat. If the symbol is fully rendered and the last line is extending past the symbol, you are getting closer to the danger zone. If that last line extends too far you will damage the engine. The whole point is so you know what's going on without having to interpret numbers.

Almost every not vertical landing you will see a Harrier do is a rolling landing where they will use the nozzles so they can make a very short, slow landing. It's pretty common to fly the approach with nozzles at 60 and even drop em down to 82 as you come over the threshold. When you get good, you can pretty much choose whether your rollout is going to be 500 feet or 25 feet or anything in between.
Cr33p3r

Re: Liberation Caucasus 092122

Post by Cr33p3r »

Thanks for the continued good advice. I have a personal AV8B advisor! I will continue to practice.