Liberation 01.25.23

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Liberation 01.25.23

Post by Bones »

We were able to take out many of the coastal SAMs! (Sorry, I didn't realize only my microphone audio was recorded)

Round 1:

Round 2:

On the first round I ran low on gas so diverted to a tiny island with a tiny airport. Runway wasn't long enough. I landed but ran off the runway toward the Persian Gulf so I was forced to eject. I should have landed in the opposite direction but fuel was too low to turn around.

One thing we found in this mission is that lofting a JDAM is not very accurate. They fall short usually. A level attitude drop is most accurate.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Xpendable

Re: Liberation 01.25.23

Post by Xpendable »

Lofting JDAM's with the Harrier is pretty accurate. :) I love doing a ripple JDAM loft and already be on the deck flying in the opposite direction before they hit and having every bomb hit their targets. Great fun.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Maybe I needed to get in closer when lofting for them to be accurate. I just lofted when it said IN ZONE because the SAM threat was just too crazy.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

when i was flying the Harrier, I would release about halfway into the zone. i think every one i ever released hit the target.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Creeper getting hit and me trying to avenge his death... 01.25.23