Short Vietnam Clip

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Short Vietnam Clip

Post by Bones »

For a very short time I joined a Vietnam mission in the A-4:

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Re: Short Vietnam Clip

Post by Hammer »

do you have the A4 loaded all the time? or did you load it up just for that hop? i might be interested in flying it, but do not want to put everyone through the pain of installing it just to fly it. i think if i do, and everyone else doe snot, they see me in an su-27 from what I have read.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

I have the A-4 loaded in such a way that I can still join servers or play with those who don't have it. As to how I look to others if I was in it and they dont' have the mod, I dunno, good question. It's loaded all the time. I had it on last night when we played and it didn't keep me from joining the server or playing.

TBH, I was only in the mission long enough to taxi in the A-4 as I got on at the end, then we moved to the Desert Storm mission.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

testing with Supercarrier, when Supercarrier was first released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6upCKfdczk
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

If it means that you would fly the A4 in Cold War missions, 1980s era aircraft and weapons, I’d install it just so you could do so.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Bones wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 06:20
I have the A-4 loaded in such a way that I can still join servers or play with those who don't have it. As to how I look to others if I was in it and they dont' have the mod, I dunno, good question.
If the other players don't have the same aircraft mod, you will show up as a Flanker with a weird green digital checkerboard placeholder texture. Basically it uses the Flanker as a stand-in. It will look weird to others. For example, somebody using a large aircraft mod will appear floating above the taxiway as a Flanker.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Xpendable wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 04:09
Bones wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 06:20
I have the A-4 loaded in such a way that I can still join servers or play with those who don't have it. As to how I look to others if I was in it and they dont' have the mod, I dunno, good question.
If the other players don't have the same aircraft mod, you will show up as a Flanker with a weird green digital checkerboard placeholder texture. Basically it uses the Flanker as a stand-in. It will look weird to others. For example, somebody using a large aircraft mod will appear floating above the taxiway as a Flanker.
That's not too bad. The mod itself was relatively small and easy to install so if people wanted to do it, it's not a big deal.

v6,
boNes
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Wish someone would just make a full fidelity version.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

agreed, the team that created the community mod could do it but i think the mod originator/lead (who has passed) had something about always keeping it free - so they stick to that. the latest version that the Marines flew would be nice, or a country that ordered even later versions. they are a bit more capable. but the scooter is a fairly nice aircraft even at the E version. it has quite a range of ground ordnance it can deploy, but is a bit clicky in the cockpit, especially to switch from ordnance (even sidewinders) to guns.

i wonder how it and the F-5 compare in capabilities (i would echo the desire for a tigershark though...).
Helmut