Wed Night Strike Speedboats 052423

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Wed Night Strike Speedboats 052423

Post by Bones »

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Re: Wed Night TTI Strike Speedboats 052423

Post by Trichome »

This is the Tomahawk Strike that triggered the 1st wave of fighters. (recorded during testing)
It was triggered by Xpen passing the trigger zone.

Bones

Post by Bones »

Trichome wrote:
24 May 2023, 19:50
This is the Tomahawk Strike that triggered the 1st wave of fighters. (recorded during testing)
It was triggered by Xpen passing the trigger zone.

YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!

Everytime a Tomcat blows it breaks my heart, even if they're Iranian.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

Timestamps added to the videos.

Reminder: Trichome chnage the setting in the missions to not have fish eye external views.

The only thing that seemed effective against the speedboats in open water was a special kind of lasing with Xpen's Harrier and laser Mavericks. They are too small to see even in the TPOD. Cluster bombs might work but you still have to see them to know where to drop (or estimate from the SEA radar returns).

My favorite moments was how Grifter and I went from strike to air to air when the enemy F-14s and F-4s showed up. We took care of business as a team and got back to strike on 2 occasions.

My next favorite moment was Xpen's buddy lasing which resulted in my one speedboat kill.

Also, the tanker was hanging out either over the carrier or too far away to be practical...maybe tweak that? The tanker by the boat is good if you are low on fuel and keep missing your traps.

v6,
boNes
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Sorry about blowing up those F14s....lol

External views have been fixed. It was in my setting and set to over 100 FOV - not sure how that happened but should be good to go now
I moved the tanker closer - I put it at the edge of Khasab / AO
I regrouped the Speed boats into smaller tighter groups. Might be easier to spot.

You / Grifter and Jedi did awesome with the air targets. Added 2 more waves.