Foothold Syria Hops 10.09.23

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Foothold Syria Hops 10.09.23

Post by Bones »

Trichome and I flew with our Wings Tavern counterparts last night in missions to finally finish off the opposition in Syria. It took 6 months to campaign our way from taking back Cyprus, going up along Turkey, then headed west and south to Syria. But we are finally near the end.

Here are three hops I flew in the Bombcat:

Sortie 1:

Sortie 2:

Sortie 3:

My final tally by the end of the session: 4 air to air kills, 8 precision ground kills (1 of these buddy lased from Recluse's Hornet), all in the same airframe.

We had some really good teamwork going between Recluse's buddly lase and me, Recluse, and Wingnuts supporting each other as we took on MiGs and Ka-50s.

Trichome did well in his first Foothold session as well as he took out several targets with the F/A-18 and returned safely to the friendly airbase. great job, Trichome!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Recluse

Re: Foothold Syria Hops 10.09.23

Post by Recluse »

Slight correction! My buddy lase was off... I was lasing a target at a different target area (thanks to setting the wrong waypoint!!).

Not sure what Bones's bomb guided on. Eventually I called in a REAPER to illuminate targets at Al Quasyr, but I am not sure it was on station yet to provide the spot. It was a SHACK either way!

Only 3 more target areas remain. Next mission should finish out the Foothold Syria campaign.

Mission, for those interested, though the version(s) we use are edited to provide Hot Starts and additional/different aircraft for BLUE at the various spawn sites.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... s/3329689/
Bones

Post by Bones »

Now that I look at the video again, Recluse, you're right.

What turned out was guiding my GBU was my LANTIRN. Before the drop I set it to manual lase so that you can lase for it. I think when I hopped back to the front seat, JestHer turned back on and set it back to auto lase. If you look at my footage, there is an "L" flashing throughout the drop. That means it was firing.

In the next iteration, can you spawn me some Tomcats at Rene Mouawad? It would save me some time, thanks!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Recluse

Post by Recluse »

There should be some there already!! I repurposed the Viggens to Tomcats:

Actually made #1 Full Air to Air and #2 Bombcat armed