RLG Foothold Caucasus 11.08.23

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

RLG Foothold Caucasus 11.08.23

Post by Bones »

Our first time running Foothold Caucasus! It was a pretty good turnout and we made some significant gains. We also discovered that the SA-15 CAN shoot down a smaller 500 lb JDAM! That's not good...

But otherwise it went fine, no lag, the missions were assigned, air to air was moderate, just lots of SAMs which I expect since this is "turn 1." The only thing is we need someone to fly the helo or Herc to take over and our usual helo pilots tuned in too late so neutral stuff went red again. And they rebuilt/replaced alot of the stuff we killed because we didn't have people to take out the Mi-8s in time. Lessons learned!

Otherwise it was great. Grifter and I did DEAD, 3 sorties. Trichome joined us later. We had alot of package flying and mutual support going on. When I unloaded all of my HARMs I switched to air to air and covered Grifter and Trichome. Trichome got bounced by a bandit, I was able to get the bandit off his back with a Sidewinder and save his bacon. Killed a bandit with an AMRAAM that was threatening Grifter as well. It was a beautiful example of flying as a package with mutual support. We also launched and recovered from the boat which brought up an interesting point: if you bolter, you're not redeeming your points! Grifter had a hard time getting on the boat at the end and normally this late at night he would just quit out and spawn in but this time he knew if he did, we wouldn't get the points so he had to go again and again. He finally made it on his 3rd pass, and we got his points. So that was really cool that Foothold has you to do that.

Oh the other thing I forgot was that since we were starting fresh, we had no AWACS. So after we got some points I realized we had none so I bought one and boy did our SA shoot up after that.

Hope you all enjoyed this new campaign! After purchasing an AWACS, we ended the night with 643 credits!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot