Mon aug 9

We will post info for game session/mission times here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Mon aug 9

Post by Bones »

May not be on until next week. I just got back from a train ride to Krakow from my wife’s hometown then back which is 100 miles each leg, then turned around and went back to Krakow and continued on another 60 mi to Katowice to pick up my niece then turned around and went back to Krakow then back to the hometown for a total of 520 miles.

So I’m a little bushed. Wouldn’t be able to do to much more than AWACS today anyhow since my Tomcat driver is backpacking…

Wednesday at mission time I’ll be packing.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: Mon aug 9

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Yikes. That's a lot of train riding for one day. Had I been in your shoes I most likely would have listened to my entire Beatles music collection (yet again). PDT_Armataz_01_22
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

Well the first Krakow leg and back was on the train. All the other legs were by car. That was the hard part. At least on the train you just sit and let someone else drive and just hope you don't get on the wrong train or miss the stop, haha!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

How did Monday night go, BTW?

v6,
boNes
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
10 Aug 2021, 10:24
Well the first Krakow leg and back was on the train. All the other legs were by car. That was the hard part. At least on the train you just sit and let someone else drive and just hope you don't get on the wrong train or miss the stop, haha!

v6,
boNes

Ah, so you did the driving? Personally I would not be comfortable driving in a foreign country especially since I don't know how to drive a stick shift and most rental cars in other countries are manual transmission.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

Normally I do the driving. But this time I only did a little as I found out if you get caught driving without an international driving permit, they take your license, I usually do get one, but I noticed like when I rent a car, they never check so I was like well why pay for one if it never gets used? But apparently they have been cracking down on it now so when I found that out, I quit driving.

But still, being on the go over the course of 17 hours in a row was pretty demanding