Off this week

We will post info for game session/mission times here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Off this week

Post by Bones »

Sorry, was going to fly tonight but my mom ended up in the ER yesterday and she is home but we are going to check up on her and bring her food tonight. Wed night is Joanna's birthday so we will be out.

That said, I am available to fly the rest of the week on Friday we are expecting a huge snowstorm with 55 mph winds and temps of -25 F wind chill so I'm planning to b holed up inside with lots of sim time available so hit me up if you want to fly.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Grifter

Re: Off this week

Post by Grifter »

Hey Bones,

Glad to hear that you mom is out of the ER. Hope that she's doing okay and is on the mend. Happy birthday to Joanna! I should be on to fly Wednesday night. Not sure about Friday. My wife will be back from visiting family and she may want to hang out after not seeing me for a week, then again she might be so busy catching up that she will want to do her own thing. If I'm around, I'll text you and post here.

Anyway, I'm on tonight for a little bit if anyone is coming on.

Grif
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Okay, 9:10 pm. Not sure anyone is coming on tonight, so I'm going back to watching tv. See you guys all Wed. night I hope. Maybe this is a good week to think about what Bones and I proposed in the other thread in the DCS forum? Have a look and let us know what you think.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i just checked, nobody there. i was a bit late, dinner with the family.

i think i will be on Wed, but maybe we can plan on Friday too?
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hey Bones.... glad you Moms out of the ER. Enjoy Wednesday and hopefully I can catch you on Friday to fly a hop.

I jumped in at 9:17 and I didnt see anyone then swung by here. I was just going to play as ATC. Woke up last Friday and my neck was real stiff. Got bit better over the weekend but today the dog tripped me coming down the stairs and I tweaked my neck more trying to gather my balance. So track IR may be an issue for a few days. Even if I dont play Wed Ill be on doing some ATC stuff.....
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Friday will depend on my wife's availability. Haven't seen her in a week. But, otherwise, yeah I might be able to do Friday night. Trichome, try a heating pad on that neck. I got shoulder pain from bad posture at the keyboard. I find working out with a pliability regimen and a heating pad helps. Feel better. See you all Wednesday!
Bones

Post by Bones »

Thanks all for the well wishes. I'm at her place now discussing her treatment plan and making sure she eats.

Friday sounds great if anyone can make it

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom Bones and I hope she comes out of this ok. I'll keep her in my thoughts.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Hopefully your Mom doing better today Bones?
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

Thanks all.

So my mom slipped on the ice and when she tried to break her fall she injured her wrists, landed on her tailbones, fell on her back, and hit her head. She thinks she may have been unconscious for a little while, she's not sure. But when she got herself up she saw her left wrist was a bit deformed but she could feel her fingers and move 3 of them. It's also a concern because she has osteoporosis. At the ER she had a CAT and MRI done on her wrists, tailbone, and head and all turned out OK except saw Her wrist condition was described as "shattered" but we're not sure what that exactly means. She saw her PCP yesterday for a referral to an ortho since she is on Medicare and a supplemental HMO. Today she is scheduled to see the ortho and he will determine if she needs a cast or not, and surgery or not. She was supposed to fly to Vegas to my sister's house for Christmas so now we don't know if she can. The ortho will determine that. I don't think she should but my sisters think she should. One of them says they don't want her in her house alone in that condition--suppose she should slip and fall again. I get that. I'm just not sure how she's supposed to make a 3-4 hour flight in her condition with swelling and having a bag etc but they said they already called handicap services for a wheelchair and bag assistance. My sister whom she is staying with is a registered nurse so when my mom is there she can care for her directly. My other sister is a physical therapist so she chimes in on the care plan. So we're just seeing what the ortho says, but we need an answer so that if he doesn't clear her, we can cancel, bank, and reschedule the flight in time. But her appointment is at 12:30 and her flight is at 7, so we'll see. My family and I were at her house last night going over things and bringing food and she seemed fine, she is on a lot of ibuprofen and acetaminophen for now.

So anyways, thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

v6,
boNes
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for that update bones!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully she's on the mend now and will get whatever treatment she needs to get her back to 100%. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Xpendable wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 06:17
Sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully she's on the mend now and will get whatever treatment she needs to get her back to 100%. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

On a related note, how's your dad been Xpendable?
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

He is doing OK. He's slowing down a bit as he's getting older and my mom continues to wear him down. They are back to mostly 24x7 in-home care for my mom but would not be surprised if he is still doing a lot (at my mom's insistence) and I would not be surprised if there are gaps in coverage from the in-home care givers. He manages this himself without any agency, and if one of the 2 people needs time off he just covers everything himself. Note that my siblings and I tried to correct that situation and ultimately they refused to do anything differently and refuse to downsize or go into an assisted living facility. So we had an intervention (3rd one actually) and told them they are on their own if they don't agree to change anything. Unfortunately that's where we are at and they have been on their own for about 2 months now. It's just a matter of time before something else happens and it could lead to serious consequences and there isn't anything we can do to stop it. What can you do when your parents refuse to listen to reason? My parents are determined to die in that house. But at any rate, they are doing OK at the moment. We just saw them on Sunday and will see them again on Monday.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

I can partially relate Xpen. My wife's mom was supposedly being taken care of by my sister in law. We had to get adult protective services involved and my wife told them to make a house visit. Can be done anonymously. The result was that it triggered the start of getting my mother in law into a skilled nursing facility where all her needs are now met. She is not really happy but she is receiving the physical care she needs: 3 meals a day, clean sheets, showers, her nails done, bingo, TV and regular doctor visits to check on her. All her SS and pension income is supplementing the medicaid/medicare funding but the important thing is that she has what she needs.

Sad that we had to go this route but it triggered a 3rd party forcing her into a better situation.