DCS wed night May 24

We will post info for game session/mission times here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

DCS wed night May 24

Post by Hammer »

Thanks to Trichome.
ATO May 24 - Vessel Protection Mission.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Helmut
Xpendable

Re: DCS wed night May 24

Post by Xpendable »

Looks fun. Question: Is there anybody quarterbacking the CAS? Usually there would be some coordination so that different flights are not running in on the targets at the same time. I realize probably nobody wants to do that, so we may need to carefully coordinate. Typically different sections would be stacked at different altitudes at a holding point waiting to be called in for a run.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Xpendable wrote:
24 May 2023, 14:20
Looks fun. Question: Is there anybody quarterbacking the CAS? Usually there would be some coordination so that different flights are not running in on the targets at the same time. I realize probably nobody wants to do that, so we may need to carefully coordinate. Typically different sections would be stacked at different altitudes at a holding point waiting to be called in for a run.
The CAS are 3 helos and You in the Harrier.
Bones and Gritter have split duty with BARCAP and CAS (BARCAP being priority)

Panzer / Creeper and myself in Helos will be low. We can still coordinate but I think you have priority. You'll be able to drop and rearm faster than we will.

What do you think?
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

That's fine. We will just need to make sure we are clearing each other hot. I'll say "Bulldog 1-1 running in from the (direction), wings level, then you guys need to say" Bulldog 1-1, cleared hot"
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Valuable lesson learned for the day: It is impossible to find tiny speedboats on the SHKVAL display unless they are stationary.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Ya, sorry about that. I didn't think they would be that difficult with the calm waters but there were tough.

We ended up finishing off wave 2..... got a guns kill on the last one.

In addition to the above - lessons learned:

- I should have have the speed boat waypoints follow the vessel all the way vs only half way. We started delayed and the the ship was moving already
- I should have a trigger to start everything.... so we are in no rush to get in the air. (boat would not have started moving)
- I can add a trigger RIGHT at the end of a runway to kick it all off
- I should have put a few more fighters
- Waves of attackers should be smaller but more waves (be it vehicles or boats etc....same principal)

- I know now how to setup a FOB properly so Ill get on that and test it for next time. Be nice to have helos close to the front.
- Setup bullseye in the Jet not only placing it on the map (Ill have to do a bit of digging on this)

Grifter and Jedi were discussing having the tanker stop / get boarded or having it change to the RED coalition based on some triggers.... I really need to dig into this.

DCS triggers are endless. We can do a ton of things its just a matter of sorting out the right triggers and timing. WIP
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Thanks everyone for the feedback and Im all ears if you have more ideas.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for making the mission Trichome. I think an A-10 would have been perfect for that mission for me. PDT_Armataz_01_14
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

were there any A-4's?
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
25 May 2023, 10:34
Thanks for making the mission Trichome. I think an A-10 would have been perfect for that mission for me. PDT_Armataz_01_14
Good call! - I didnt know you flew the A10 also... which one so I know for next time?
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hammer wrote:
25 May 2023, 11:19
were there any A-4's?

There wasn't. I had a JF17 for you.

If I have the mod installed in the mod folder is that all I would need in order to get that to work?
I dont keep the A4 in all the time because I dont want to have to amend the mission files (if I remember correctly) whenever I make missions (for the museum)

But Ill try and give it a go for the next one. What's the preferred role of the A4?
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Trichome wrote:
26 May 2023, 06:02
PanzerMeyer wrote:
25 May 2023, 10:34
Good call! - I didnt know you flew the A10 also... which one so I know for next time?
I fly all of them but you can put in the A-10 IIc. I'm good with that.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Sounds Good!!
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

A-4 is pure ground attack. cas, sead/dead, strike.

yes, you have to open the mission file within the .miz, remove the A-4 from the required modules.

unless everyone has it installed now. there were promises...
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Question re Bullseye....

Is it only modern American Jets that use it... can I set it up for the A4 or Jf17 and the Ka50 as an example?
and
For the F18 I dont see how to make a WP Bulls. I see how to do it through the MFD but is there a way to preset it?
or
Do I just name WP1 as "Bullseye" and everyone has the same WP1?
Wouldn't we still need to go into the MFDs and set WP to Bulls so the SA page gives us the right info?

Im finding alot of info on Bulls just not related to pre setting it up in ME....
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Can't answer your first question, but I know in ME you can set the bullseye for each coalition. The AV-8B automaticlly loads that as the bullseye and gives you bearing a range to bullseye right on the HUD, separately from bearing and range to current way point.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Xpendable wrote:
28 May 2023, 04:45
Can't answer your first question, but I know in ME you can set the bullseye for each coalition. The AV-8B automaticlly loads that as the bullseye and gives you bearing a range to bullseye right on the HUD, separately from bearing and range to current way point.
okay - I've done this.

Do you remembering seeing if it was setup last mission? (Im doing the same thing now so im curious)

Other than that I have bulls in the ATO so it may have to be added manually until I can crack this nut. I'm pretty sure its setup in the TTI missions automatically so I just need to dissect that.

Just about done the next mission. I piggybacked and expanded off a user designed one but Im excited for this one.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

I am not certain. I didn't look last mission. But it has been set in the past on at least some of our missions.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

all you need to do is set it up in the missions. a good practice is to set the first or last waypoint as bulls (you can just call it bulls if you want).

i believe the JF-17 is the most modern aircraft in the game.

it is advisable to set a way point to bulls for each flight, that way if the aircraft does not recognize it as bullseye, it at least has a waypoint to it.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Sounds good. That's what I'll do.
It'll be the last way point....