4.09m official patch is out

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

4.09m official patch is out

Post by PanzerMeyer »

In case anyone is still interested in flying IL-2, the official 4.09m patch is out which adds some new flyable planes and maps. You can get the patch from SimHQ or just google it and a bunch of other links should come up.

Very important: This patch must be installed on a clean, UNMODDED install of IL-2. I had to uninstall IL-2 and then reinstall it from the 1946 dvd. The IL-2 dvd is version 4.07m so you then have to apply the 4.08m patch and then you can apply the 4.09m patch.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Yes, I'm still interested in flying. I can probably fly at some point this week. Maybe Tuesday evening. But, I'm hiking Jackson NH, Harvard Cabin this upcoming Friday. So, how to I UNMOD my install so that the 4.09m will properly install?
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Grifter wrote:Yes, I'm still interested in flying. I can probably fly at some point this week. Maybe Tuesday evening. But, I'm hiking Jackson NH, Harvard Cabin this upcoming Friday. So, how to I UNMOD my install so that the 4.09m will properly install?
You cant uninstall the mod. You have to uninstall IL-2 and then reinstall.

Let me know if you can fly Tuesday night.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

I uploaded a clean 4.09 version to the ftp before we did all these mods....it should be in there.

dont un-install. just copy the unmod version to the hard drive and patch that one. I think last time I looked I have 4 or 5 installs of IL2 on my PC
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

well I'll just install a separate 4.09 version then in a separate folder. Don't know if I'll make it though, I'll keep you posted.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

I patched my old version and it ended up fsck'd. I had to uninstall and install clean. 4.07m, patched to 4.08m, patched to 4.09m

Do I need to install any other crap now to play with you guys?
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for that info Buffalo. I had no idea that you had done that.

How does Wednesday night sound for IL-2?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

what is in 409m vs the mod we were flying?
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

That's a good question.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote:what is in 409m vs the mod we were flying?
Here is what 4.09m introduces,

Content of 409m.exe

Maps - final versions of
Bessarabia
Iasi
Odessa
MTO
MTO Light
Slovakia Summer
Slovakia Summer Light
Slovakia Winter
Slovakia Winter Light

New Planes
Avia B-534-IV (flyable)
CW-21 (AI only)
Fokker D.XXI - 5 versions (Only SARJA 3 Early and Late flyable)
Fiat G.55 Series I (early and late - AI only)
I-15bis (AI only)
I-16 Type 5 + Ski version (flyable)
I-16 Type 6 + Ski version (flyable)
Letov S-328 (AI only)
Re.2000 (AI only)
SM.79 (flyable)

Cockpits
MC.200 series 7 and series 7 FB flyable (new cockpit)
MC.200 series 3 (improved original cockpit)

Ground objects
MBV-2 and MBV-2 (flak version) trains have new models + all guns are functional

Other
Quick Mission Builder with new features
Updated new default skin pack
Parachutes are not AAA target anymore
Navigational lights turned off during flight by AI planes
Pylon/bomb racks weight fixed -> better climb and takeoff performance for planes armed with external ordnance

Corrections in Flight Models (by 1C:Maddox Games)
MC-200 increased airframe drag-> reduced speed
P-11c corrected rudder roll response. Previously left rudder was inducing right roll and vice versa.
Ta-152C wing area corrected from Fw 190D-9 values (~1.2m²) -> slightly improved turn performance
DB-603L critical altitude increased from 9200m to 10200m.

Changes in Graphics (by 1C:Maddox Games)
Increased buffer size for stationary objects (buildings etc.) to prevent freezes under some circumstances.
Colors of water corrected for Water=2,3,4 modes. Now when looking down it is no more black/dark blue.
Optimized Shaders for Nvidia 8X00 series video cards.
Added a new mode for increased visibility distance. Visibility increased from 36 km to 72km under "Clear" and "Good" weather conditions.
Note: This mode is not optimized for performance: (freezes and low fps are possible on low-end systems).
This new feature is available only in "Perfect" game graphics mode.
Also, there is a possibility to have problems with clouds and their shadows at far distances, due to some engine limitations.
Modify your conf.ini string in the [Render_OpenGL] section to use this mode:
LandGeom=3 (new mode is ON)
LandGeom=2 (back to normal mode)
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

@ Hudson: No I think your all set man.

@ Panz: yah Wednesday night should be fine assuming I get all my gear packed for this weekend's hike in Jackson NH. This should be an easy pack to rig since we're staying at a hut. So I suspect I'll be done in time.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

I dunno man. Buncha guys sleeping together in a hut in the middle of the woods in NH. It wasn't cool when the Marine Corps made me do it for 3 weeks; as a civilian, frankly, it's just sorta kinda .... gay. :-P
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

well some of us are comfortable with our masculinity and don't worry about that and others...well. Maybe they got some deep seeded issues that really ought to be addressed. *shrug* Got me, I just find a nice comfy corner in the hut and sleep so I can hike the next day.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Grifter wrote: @ Panz: yah Wednesday night should be fine assuming I get all my gear packed for this weekend's hike in Jackson NH. This should be an easy pack to rig since we're staying at a hut. So I suspect I'll be done in time.
Sounds good. Let's meet on ventrilo at 8 then on Wednesday.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Okay, I can't find a link for this patch. Please supply a link.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

/me slaps Grifter with a search engine:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10276
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Yeah I finally found it. thanks though. None of those links were really working.
Softball

Re: 4.09m official patch is out

Post by Softball »

Ok, so I got this re-installed, and found the 4.09m patch (took awhile to find a working link). My question is this, can I just install the stock IL2 1946 and then install the 4.09m final patch? Or do I need to go through the patch dance?

BTW, here is a link to the patch and skins.

IL2 4.09m PATCH (11/11/10)

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Softball wrote:My question is this, can I just install the stock IL2 1946 and then install the 4.09m final patch? Or do I need to go through the patch dance?

Good question. It's been a while since I installed it but I believe the IL-2 1946 dvd is version 4.07 so that means you'll have to go to 4.08 and then 4.09. I'm not 100% certain though but I seem to recall having to go through 2 patch steps when I reinstalled IL-2 1946.
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Yup Panzer is right again you have to install the 4.08 before the 4.09 and then you are all set.
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]