IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

daofcmacg

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Post by daofcmacg »

Nope neither one. I do have LocOn Flaming Cliffs 2 and I did purchase the beta of the A-10 SIM (Has that come out yet).

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I am downloading Eagle Dynamics A-10 Warthog V. 1.1.07 now. I guess they are done beta testing.

DA
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Thank you guys for the warm well wishes. I will find something, right now I am waiting for word about a government sponsored training program. I hope like hell I get in.

DA
Softball

Post by Softball »

Not to derail this thread or anything, but you should consider getting Black Shark as well DA. When you can swing it of course...

Welcome back to the fold. You may notice some other familiar faces on here. :)

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Whoelse is back online? Kodiak maybe!?!

DA
Softball

Post by Softball »

Kodiak, no. Name starts with an "M".

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Awesome, I know some of us either have or plan to have DCS A-10C - I for one do not have it yet, but if we set a date to fly I will downwload; I personally love the A-10 - beautiful aircraft, so it won't be hard to talk me into it - even if I'll mostly just end up crashing it into the ground.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

DA, let me know when you want to fly some LOMAC 2.0.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Panzer when I find the CD I will, I will definately install. I've never flown it so if you are ready for a dumb down almost arcade like experience until I get back into gear then I'm your man.

Only reason I have A-10C Warthog is I purchased the beta back in November I think but could never get it to run on my laptop. Of course with my new rig (specs. page one of this post) I went to download my full fledge copy of the real deal and I ran that sucker yesterday just to see the graphics (BTW the recommended configuration for this game GPU wise is only the 8800GT not minimum but recommeneded)

And I quote
ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS ARE REQUIRED FOR INSTALLATION AND TO GAME RUN. AN INTERNET CONNECTION IS REQUIRED FOR MULTIPLAYER INCLUDING LAN PLAY

Recommended system requirements
Operating system: 64-bit Windows XP, Vista, and 7
Processor: CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better
Memory: 4GB
Hard disk space: 7 GB
Video: Shader 3.0 or better; 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT DirectX 9.0c or better
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
DirectX®: 9.0C
So I have the 9600GSO with the latest and greatest drivers running with a healthy addition of my Intel I3-550 Dual Core 3.20 GHz processor plus 4 GIGs of memory planning to upgrade to 8. I took a chance and set the video settings to max and I was like HOLY Sugar Honey Ice Tea! The view was freakin spectacular, I cannot wait to get the GTX 460 SE. I didn't turn on the FPS counter so next time in game I will.

Now to the ugly part. Softball you are so dayum right this game has a helluva learning curve and I must say to date with the Study SIMMS I have seen this is the most thorough. The first Training Mission was a sit in the cockpit giving a history/overview of the aircraft and I was like ok alot of info and I haven't even touched anything yet(Basically they were saying between the lines Yes this has a functionality for the Novice flyer but you just wasted sixty bucks if that is all you are here for). Second TS mission is Ramp Start and ummmmmmm everybody who played Falcon 4 and was intimidated by the start up procedure for the F-16 in that game, well you will be begging for that simplicity after you are on the 40th time around in this TS.

I haven't done take off basic flight and landing yet but I suspect I will be the one who crash and burns on landing (so glad this is only a simulation).

I do have a problem with some kind of glitch that I will report to DCS. When I exit the game Explorer.exe crashes on me if I try to view either the screen resolution page or the personalization page when I right click on the desktop (I haven't tried going through control panel). I get the spinning busy icon then explorer.exe crashes and it ask me to restart the executable. I keep getting this until I reboot, I have other games installed and this dosen't happen (also any icon I right click on the desktop produces the same results. Almost as if there is a memory leak that affects the most important functionality of Windows since microsoft introduced WIN95. Again I will send a report to DCS and see what they have to say (BTW my download version has the most current patch integrated into it).

Can't wait to really start moving mud in this one. It's a keeper and if you love Falcon F4 I think you will love this one even though the A-10 is not dual role.

Side note: Mission creation, TS creation and Campaign Building is integrated into this product. When I start up the SIMM again I will confirm exactly what is there far as custom options there are(I know you guys love to create your own).

DA
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Begins with a "M"? Maverick????

DA
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

NO MADRUS The MADASSRUSSIAN!!!! WELL HOT DAYUM!

DA
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Try left win+home for star up - Black shark is the same way; the whole cycle is insane... If you do that it clicks through start up for you
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

I did the deed.

I bought DCS A-10C. I already had Flaming Cliffs stuffed in my drawer, so I upped it to LOMAC 2 as well. I'm up to my ears in flight sims now and IL2 COD isn't even out yet. No excuses for me not to fly...
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Unlock timer is back up on Steam:

Available: April 26th, 2011
This game will unlock in approximately 1 week, 6 days and 13 hours
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hey hudson, how come you have Teamspeak added in Steam? LOL
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

I just added all my games along with TS3 and TrackIR - easier to start everything that way since almost all games except from DCS were in Steam anyway... sins too. I added Impulse to Steam too. Don't think too hard about it - just the obsessive compulsive neat freak in me acting out.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

See, easy:
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

The problem I have with that is that the Steam client itself uses some CPU cycles and memory so if I dont have to run the Steam client to play a game then I wont.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

I have 8GB of RAM. If I need more stopping Steam and freeing the ~50MB probably isn't going to solve my woes. :)

I haven't noticed Steam eating CPU, but I guess I'll have to keep an eye on it. All the same I haven't seen many games, even now, push an i920 to 100%; my now 600 generations old, once - but no longer - awesome, GTX280 will probably choke before the CPU.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

The other plus side is easy upload of screenshots for all your games to Steam. Now I can take pictures of everyone crashing as blackmail. PDT_Armataz_01_34