Initial Impressions?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Initial Impressions?

Post by PanzerMeyer »

So how do you guys like the new IL-2 so far? I thought Friday's flying went extremely well.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i like it better so far...even Pacific. did the zero's seem more tame to you all?

very happy Buff flew with us - shows how much more we have to learn about flying.
Helmut
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

The Zeros wild flights were toned down. Still too early for a decisive verdict, though.
The Jedi Master
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

In my dreams . . . . . . . . . . . :lol:
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Yeah I like it better so far. Having played a bit offline, I've found that the AI does use real tactics for the most part and prove to be more than a challenge to shoot down. :-)
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

What I mean is, 'in my dreams' is the only place I've seen the AI behave themselves, cos I fell asleep the last two times we decided to play. :lol:
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yeah - it is that getting old thing...!!! :D
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

You know you're getting old when . . . . . . . . .

You are going back to work! :shock:
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

KODIAK wrote:You know you're getting old when . . . . . . . . .

You are going back to work! :shock:

What kind of duties will you be performing when you go back to work?
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, initially, since I was going to be spending a lot of time away on conferences and courses, it would be beneficial to them and myself if I would run the Junior NCOs' accounts, and the battalion PRI shop accounts and run the shop itself. Now they feel they might rather put someone else in there and get me to sort out all their ATE systems before they deploy next year, the other individual is unable to perform their trade specific responsibilities. "Scratch our backs and we'll scratch your's." is what they said. "Let's see if you can be held to that!" is how I replied (with a raised eyebrow for effect! LOL! :lol: )
Who knows what they're thinking, it three days I've moved companies twice, and switched jobs twice - do they really know what they're doing? I'm not sure. What I AM sure of, is that I will be taking a few days off golfing with my new putter and driver next week - and they are quite happy about it! LOL! :wink:
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

It seems like you have quite a quaint and relaxed existence in the Army! LOL.

Just hope France or Spain don't decide to invade the UK or something like that. :lol: :P
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Well seeing as how the French are pissed at us about the new Europen budget proposed by Britain it might be a possibility, although if they do as good a job on that as they did defending their own country in WWII it should not be a problem!
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

No mate, by the time we get to their side of the friggin Channel, they'll be half way to bloody Italy! And they make good damn neighbours too. Infact the only good thing to come 'out' of France is the French FOREIGN Legion. :wink: :roll:
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Yes the Italians (or the Flip Floppers) and French (French Army!!! Whats that???) would make great neighbours.

The Italians could defend the fleeing French until they realise that they are losing and then join the other side and then we can all kick French but together :lol:
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

A h h h h h . . .! A man who knows the history of that little joke. :roll: :wink:
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Nemisis wrote:Yes the Italians (or the Flip Floppers) :

I thought that was John Kerry? LOL.

Ah yes, Italy. They sold themselves to the highest bidder in World War I and then when they tried to invade Southern France in 1940 as the French Army was collapsing against the Germans in the North, they actually got soundly defeated! LOL.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

. . . . . and the rest was history, as they say!
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

So how did you guys like the carrier take-offs last night? Oh, here is a screenshot I took of Steel shooting down that FW-190!

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Although this might seem OFF topic, there are I am sure those who would agree it is very much an important part of this thread - seeing as you guys have reverted to carrier landings again, I am at a bit of a loss really. I know I've missed the last few nights but things are just setting back down again after me getting back to work, sorry I have missed out falling asleep and all that. However, I have just discovered the RealSimulation website is back up, and decided to contact them with regard to the rudder pedals they have for sale, even though I have been unsuccessful (like many) in attempting to reach them previously, never mind get an answer.
Here is their website:

http://www.realsimulator.com/

Yes, they may be somewhat expensive (when I finally get a price), but I am trying to bear in mind that it is my intent to build a pit at some stage. And these are the pedals I'd want in my set-up. Have a look also at their stick and throttle - very nice! And if I am correct they use, or can use, Cougar software for control.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

KODIAK wrote:seeing as you guys have reverted to carrier landings again, I am at a bit of a loss really. I know I've missed the last few nights but things are just setting back down again after me getting back to work, sorry I have missed out falling asleep and all that..
Kodiak, you are being much too dramatic about all this! This has nothing to do with you missing the last few nights. We just decided to try carrier take offs and landings again just so we can finally start mastering all of the simulation aspects of this great game.

I'll put it this way. If I can take off from a carrier with simply a twist rudder joystick, I know YOU can as well. :lol: