"Nightmare" is online...

Projects, "toy" collections, etc.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Xpendable

"Nightmare" is online...

Post by Xpendable »

That is what I named the new computer I just built. Ordered the 2nd to last part (Intel i7-14770k) on Friday and had it that afternoon. I assembled it this weekend and got it up and running. I am still using my old Geforce 1080GTX because I need to wait a bit for funds to recover. Got a lot of vacation things happening and unexpected medical bills and what not. As it is, I purchased all the other parts spread out over the course of 6 months.

Anyway, it's finally up and running. I had a short Harrier flight test earlier this morning and performance was way, way higher with the graphics options set higher than what I normally have set, despite not upgrading the graphics card yet.

I wish I could join you guys this Wednesday, but I will be on vacation after Tuesday night for 1 1/2 weeks. I will catch you guys after that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PanzerMeyer

Re: "Nightmare" is online...

Post by PanzerMeyer »

That setup looks great Xpen. We'll see you next week in the virtual skies!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

That is slick!
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 07:43
That setup looks great Xpen. We'll see you next week in the virtual skies!
It won't be next week, unfortunately. Next week I'll be in Williamsburg and Jamestown in Virginia, then driving back to Chicago. The following week, I'll be working remote in Galena, IL and won't have access to my computer. So I probably won't be able to join you all for a combat mission until August 14th, unfortunately.

I did some more testing of DCS with my new machine. Despite still sporting the old 1080GTX, it's amazing. It's absolutely incredible how much a 20+ core CPU does with DCS MT, compared to an old 4-core CPU. I do still intend to upgrade the graphics card (probably to an rtx4070) in a couple of months.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Ah ok, I hope you have a good vacation then. We'll see you in August. :-)
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

You'll be right by NAS Oceana so expect to are air if super hornets flying. Too bad you couldn't be there in September for their annual air show, it's some of the best times I've ever had at an airshow.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

I will have to keep an ear out! I am currently sitting on my sister's deck in Hamilton, Ohio (suburb of Cincinnati) and I can hear the destruction derby going on at the Butler County Fair. I was there last night with my brother-in-law, hisbson, and my 5 year old son. Great people watching!
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Thanks for the advice on updating my BIOS on my Asus TUF Gaming Z790-Pro Wifi. I checked last night after I got off, and there was indeed a new bios that been released a few days prior. Last night it showed up as "BETA". I didn't install it last night, planning to take a look this morning. This morning they had updated the date on the BIOS file but removed the "BETA" label (and the version did not change). So I went ahead and updated my bios this morning.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Good news indeed Xpen! I check for a new BIOS for my mobo every couple of months.