Projects

Projects, "toy" collections, etc.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker

Projects

Post by Falker »

Projects,

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm82/Falk09/

This is my 1999 Mitsubishi Galant with 110M. I bought it cheap for $600 because it was not running. After I towed it home I found it had a blown head gasket. I removed the cylinder head and found it was sitting for several months with water on the pistons, all rusted up. I removed the cylinders to see if it was worth rebuilding but there was too much damage. The cylinders were a bit smashed on one side and the block bore had deep scratches.

The wrecking yards wanted too much for their engines so off I went to the junk yards trying to find another engine for it. I about gave up towards the end of the week when I decided to try one last place. Bingo , there it was , a car like my Galant. The front of the engine was damaged , it looked like the wheel gave out and it fell in the oil pan and front timing belt casing. Luckily I still had the other engine at home and could swap parts with it. It took awhile and was a lot of work but in the end I got the car back up and running.

I drove it for about a month and sold it for $2700 because the balance shaft inside the engine block started to vibrate after my friend drove the car up to 110 MPH , and red-lined it going up the mountain , I was dumb for letting him do that but oh well. Anyway the engine was on it’s way out and there was no way I was going through all that again.

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm82/Falk09/Jeep/

I took about two weeks later before I found me this sweet Jeep. My girlfriend from Texas calls it sweetie. She calls me sweetie sometimes too but I guess that’s just the way she is. The 87 Jeep was relatively in good shape. I drove it home for only $1500. What a deal! It has Posi up front and Limited Slip in the back. All works good. I changed all the fluids or checked them. All the gear oil was recently replaced already. Nice. I gave it a tune up with NGK and added some Prolong to the crank case. It runs smooth with only 131M. The door windows were hard to see through so I recently replaced the door windows with 1/8 th plexiglas. I just cut to size and glued them in with liquid nails. Worked great. Painted the rims white last week and installed new shocks all around. Lots more to do when ever I get the money for it. Jeep parts are expensive. Nice ride tho : ) , I’m already getting tan from driving it with the bikini top off.
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

try finding parts for an Olds W-27 posi......you want to talk about expensive!

Jeeps are like hammers take of it and it will last forever
Falker

Post by Falker »

Yes they are. I hammered the heck out of my old 85 CJ-7 several years ago. I mostly blew out the locking hubs when I was racing like Mickey Thompson. The newer Wranglers came out with vacuum lock.

It’s nice to have a 4x4. Because I never know when the 8.0 epicenter is going to be just few miles away ripping up the streets. After all that’s said and done .... I’ll be out there , locked in four wheel drive like Charlton Heston..... looking for stragglers.
We're in the pipe , five by five.