1963 Alumacraft

Projects, "toy" collections, etc.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker939

1963 Alumacraft

Post by Falker939 »

I picked up a 1963 14 foot Alumacraft a few weeks back. Got it from an old guy who said it’s been in the family for many years. They built them strong back in those days , with extra thick aluminum. I got out the power washer and sprayed it down , cleaned it up . Then painted the inside a few times . It almost looks like a newly restored classic boat now! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
Jedi Master

Re: 1963 Alumacraft

Post by Jedi Master »

That is definitely an old boat! Does it have Bluetooth? :)
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Robert Shaw would not be impressed....
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

actually, Does it have Bluetooth now?
Helmut
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Hah - no bluetooth yet, The depth gauge is on the left and runs off a little battery. I did get the motor and gas tank back on it about 3 weeks ago and it all fit together nice. I got a used 2007 Tohatsu 15hp and had to rebuild the lower unit –it took forever to get the parts for it . . But I never did take this one out on the water yet - there are plenty of fresh water lakes around here I can go to although I want to try the Indian River again - which is hard to launch a boat with only one person because the river current moves south , and then sometimes it moves north - and if the wind is blowing it’s almost impossible. I should just try the fresh water lakes around here first to see how well the motor runs. I will update another snapshot soon as I catch a nice size river trout.
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5