I'm a Lego Nerd

Projects, "toy" collections, etc.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

Re: I'm a Lego Nerd

Post by Grifter »

Ali Express is somewhat of a hidden gem. The ultralight backpacking community goes there for budget gear. Not the best, but will get a new backpacker started with a tarp and some other odds and ends.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

The USS Missouri is done...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Thiose are really cool.

We opened our secret Santa gifts last night. 2 of my boys combined their money to get me a vintage monogram plastic Mi-24 model 1/48 scale. I'm super excited and will post pics once I get glue and paint and get started on it.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Cr33p3r wrote:
25 Dec 2022, 04:14
Thiose are really cool.

We opened our secret Santa gifts last night. 2 of my boys combined their money to get me a vintage monogram plastic Mi-24 model 1/48 scale. I'm super excited and will post pics once I get glue and paint and get started on it.
Thats awesome! Cant wait to see that come together.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Next project has arrived....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

HA! Speaking of the SR-71.....
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

SR-71 done....

The potential was huge but the build was way to simple.... Looks alright but lacks detail.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Next 2...

Got the office for the wife and I to do together....
I've been itching to get this DeLorean...
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

88 miles per hour!!!!!!
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I first saw that movie with my summer camp group in 1985. Hard to believe that was 38 years ago. Sheesh.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
18 Jan 2023, 04:20
I first saw that movie with my summer camp group in 1985. Hard to believe that was 38 years ago. Sheesh.
I was born in 83 and the first one I REALLY remember watching was part 3 - the western one. Then I went back and watched the other 2.

Im debating on setting it up as the part 3 Delorean but they didnt provide the rail wheels so Im on the fence.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

While you were busy being born, I was busy watching Return of the Jedi in the movie theater! LOL
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 09:36
While you were busy being born, I was busy watching Return of the Jedi in the movie theater! LOL
So I think you're saying your old.... Is that what your saying....lol
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Trichome wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 10:12
PanzerMeyer wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 09:36
So I think you're saying your old.... Is that what your saying....lol

Well many people say that 50 is the new 40 so I'm not old!
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

just pulling your leg....

My neighbour across the street is 80 and shes probably got more energy than any of us...the number is just that - a number. Im hitting 40 this year and I heard 40 is the new 30 so Yay....lol Although it feels like 60..... PDT_Armataz_01_05
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

I didn't feel auy different than 40. But about 43-44 I did notice things like taking longer to heal from a sports injury, energy level, etc. Nothing major but noticeable. 54 coming this May.

However as I approached 50 I found myself more empathetic towards others, more forgiving for genuine regrets, and less patient for corporate policies at work or incompetent managers. Sounds like a craggity old man haha. I also take more time for self care and appreciate things in life more like time.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I really can't complain at all about my health at 50. Sure, I need to lose some weight but that's a correctable lifestyle change but I still have 20/20 vision and I still have a head full of hair even though it has thinned out a bit!
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

The DeLorean is all done. I decided to display it as the sequel version....
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Lego Technic Formula E Porsche

This was my first full Technics build. Although I like the different shapes I think I prefer "regular" Lego sets.