Cyberpunk 2077

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Bones »

I have been playing Cyberpunk 2077 lately and am getting more and more drawn into it. It feels like you are in a cyberpunk movie. Everyone can be interacted in some sort of way or pretty much everything can be manipulated or explored. I cna't imagine the writers and writing that went into this. Even the backstory and the design of the environment is amazing. Someone had to design what the Asuka Tower looks like, or what the Militech Corp logo will be, and the marketing etc etc, it's like a whole new real world.

I found this video that explains the storyline so well you can really appreciate just how layered and profound the story is. It even covers the backstory from before 2077 and the new Phantom Liberty DLC. It contains spoilers so be wary (I only watched the first 20 minutes that pertained to where I am in the campaign).

Enjoy!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hey bones, it's absolutely great to hear that you are enjoying the game. I've finished it three times and I've played through Phantom Liberty once. I'm sure I'll eventually reinstall the game. The latest Ray Tracing effects that were added with the last couple of updates have made the game look even better than it did on release. Cyberpunk definitely ranks among my top 5 RPG's of all time.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

I'm surprised they haven't made a movie out of this yet...they have all the materials and designs they need! Plus Keanu Reeves and Idris Elba already on board of sorts!

I nominate Raymond Cruz to play Jackie!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
24 Jan 2024, 09:53
I'm surprised they haven't made a movie out of this yet...they have all the materials and designs they need! Plus Keanu Reeves and Idris Elba already on board of sorts!

I nominate Raymond Cruz to play Jackie!

v6,
boNes
Raymond Cruz would be perfect as Jackie.

As for a film adaptation of the game, if it never happens at least we will always have Blade Runner and Altered Carbon that we can watch at our leisure!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

How about V? If the film-makers go with a male V I think they should cast Aaron Paul. If they go with a female V it should be Evan Rachel Wood.
Bones

Post by Bones »

At first I thought maybe Charlize Theron but she doesn't seem streetwise enough plus she already played Aeon Flux. (Not enough street cred haha)

Maybe Michele Rodriguez, but I'm sure I'd come up with others.

I can see Aaron Paul (whom I share a birthday with).

v6,
boNes