Aliens: Fireteam Elite 2021

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker939

Aliens: Fireteam Elite 2021

Post by Falker939 »

I like the trailer better then the game play , it looks much like another DOOM on planet Mars but with Aliens instead.

Trailer:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
PanzerMeyer

Re: Aliens: Fireteam Elite 2021

Post by PanzerMeyer »

The bottom line I got from reading multiple reviews from users and critics is that the game is a lot of fun in Coop mode but don't waste your time playing it solo. This game is designed out of the box to be played Coop. Another downside seems to be that the game is pretty short on content. Some reviews mentioned that the game can be finished in 6-7 hours when played in Coop mode.

I would like to see if Softball and Gator agree with these findings since they both have been playing the game but they don't seem to ever post in the forums.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Gator

Post by Gator »

Agree on the coop vs. Solo criticism. Coop is a blast.

Think left4dead to get in the right mental frame.

3 players only. Very deep weapon and mod system.

As to the amount of content. 3 of us struggled on casual difficulty. Really requires teamwork. Gets easier as you level your class and weapons.

Which means you can increase the difficulty.

There are 4 classes, soon to be 5.

They did an incredible job with the atmosphere and art work. Jaw dropping.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for that review Gator! I'll most likely buy it once it goes on the inevitable Steam sale.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Thanks for the heads up 👍
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I finally installed this and tried it out for a bit. If anyone is interested in joining me and Jedi Master for some coop games let me know.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

I've been eyeing this game. On sale for $20 right now.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Cr33p3r wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 05:37
I've been eyeing this game. On sale for $20 right now.

This game is most definitely geared to be played cooperatively and it's a lot of fun. The only downside I've seen so far is that this game is not meant at all to be played in single player because the friendly AI is totally brain dead. Even on "normal" difficulty the game is quite a challenge.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

I have to say AVP 2 was a great single player game. You could play along as any of the 3 factions and at one point on the map, all 3 were together in the same area. Marine role always freaked me out with xeno's attacking from behind.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Cr33p3r wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 05:48
I have to say AVP 2 was a great single player game. You could play along as any of the 3 factions and at one point on the map, all 3 were together in the same area. Marine role always freaked me out with xeno's attacking from behind.
AVP 2 by Monolith was indeed a very well made game and both the SP and MP modes were very well implemented. I myself preferred to play the predator for MP but the Marines definitely had the advantage there with their fast firing and large magazine capacity weapons. If you have to mow down large groups of xenomorphs it's much easier to do as a marine than a predator.