AA server. This one seems really good.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

AA server. This one seems really good.

Post by Grifter »

Sub Club. Most players worked as a team and used relatively real tactics. Medics responded dutifully, there was no laming, nading, etc. Very little running gunning in comparison to other servers I've played on in the last few days.

MT. McKenna Ambush Map.

IP 66.55.158.115:1716

We should really put up our own server and get a group of us on to play by ourselves sometime...but this server isn't a bad option if you're bored.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I did like our brief outing the other week, even though it didn't quite go as planned (I don't mean our attempt just last week though). And might take up on this again, seeing as we are experiencing some lame gameplay in GRAW at the mo.
I'm going to hold off until I see the next instalment of OFP, or Armed Assault. Want to see what goes on with the group generally, and specifically with the games themselves, then choose where possible just the one, for the sake of minimising my gaming options. I just have too many games that i play right now, and most of them are just wasting away because I have too many and not enough time.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

dedicated server is already set up - we used it a couple of months ago. problem is we just need enough people to get together and play to make it worth it.
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Well I must've been accessing the dedicated server incorrectly? We couldn't connect to it last week when a group of us tried. Perhaps I'm missing something here.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, I'm happy to try playing again if everyone can set an agreed time & day.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

um...you have to start it and then try to connect. ;) just like falcon. i don't leave it running all the time because the server is used for several different games and we don't want them competing for cpu or bandwidth by having a bunch of games running simultaneously...
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

also, it would behoove you to read the server management docs and do some test runs on starting and running the server and then managing it with the remote tools before you want to use it for a game session. it takes a bit of messing with to run it smoothly.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Round about now, I'll just leave that to Grifter. I might have a go at it once I've completed my course, if you don't mind. But I still want someone to keep an eye on me the first few times - screwing up my own system is one thing, dicking around with someone else's when you have no idea what to do ain't my idea of fun. :wink: