SBPPE Video from 6/15/06

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

SBPPE Video from 6/15/06

Post by Softball »

Here is the video clip(s) I took from the SBPPE mission we played on 6/15/06, and put into a single video (8+ minutes, a bit long, sorry).

This was the best footage I could get from the perspective of my dead tank. For some reason, there was some sound distortion (Maybe it's my speakers?) during playback, so my apologies for the less than stellar audio. This battle was very intense in game, hopefully you can get some kind of impression of how overwhelming this attack was in the playback.

SBPPE Video: 15 JUN 2006 (50+MB)

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

So, what was the story with your tank being destroyed? That wasn't captured on the video, and given the amount of friendlies in the general area, I would have hedged my bets on someone noticing some movement. I'm assuming for this flanking attack, your squadron was moving to a 'hull down' position at the brow of that hill infront. I'm guessing if the enemy had already occupied that on the opposite side prior to your movement, they would have had you in their sights for a while before the assault. But you guys looked like you got creamed there - opposing forces with just a 'slight' numerical advantage?
I realise also that you had a certain amount of 'ground' troops immediately to your front, but surely it would have been more benficial to pop smoke and reverse up, 'fanning' as you reverse to spread the kill area the enemy has to observe to keep SA. Suck 'em in and spit 'em out! LOL :wink:
I am seriously thinking about this sim, and these little videos simply whet my appetite. 8)
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Softball

Post by Softball »

Unfortunately, I wasn't recording during the assault on my tank. I was the first casualty of the battle, and had no time to react, my tank was destroyed in one shot from about 2000+ meters. I was part of the lead element in that battle and was constantly scanning the horizon along the way. This shows how well concealed the enemy tanks were (Hull down) before the assault. If you look closely, you can see the enemy is behind a tree line in the distance, helping conceal their positions.

I would say we were outnumbered at least 2:1. The video didn't really pick it up, but there were a large amount of RPGs and TOW missiles being fired back and forth along the battlefield. Too bad I didn't get the chance to help fight. :x

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

it was a russian motorized rifle battalion vs a german reinforced mech infantry company, plus SB in an M1.

actually Gator was the first casualty back up at your original position. he just switched to the Bradley's and wisely stayed put. :)
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Yeah, truely steamrollered. I did see the AT battle raging too. Nice to see all that extra activity though.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05