anyone have AVP2?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

anyone have AVP2?

Post by Hammer »

SW mod released for it, with more coming...

http://kingskins.avp2mods.com/
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

What is AVP2? Never heard of that, is it an older title?
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

KODIAK wrote:What is AVP2? Never heard of that, is it an older title?
Aliens vs. Predator 2. I have it and so does Jedi Master. It's a first person shooter where you can play as an alien, a predator or a colonial marine. It's a great sci-fi shooter!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Oh right, I recognise the title now. Just never seen it abbreviated before, so it didn't quite click. Thx! 8)
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

try the demo... it is one of the most atmospheric (i.e. gets you into the atmosphere of the game) shooters i have ever seen.

Panzer/Jedi,
any chance you will DL and try that mod?
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:
Panzer/Jedi,
any chance you will DL and try that mod?
Yes, I'll definitely try out the mod. I'm going to download it now and I'll play it tomorrow. I'm actually quite anxious to see if it's any good.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Yes, why not. Let me find a link, and I'll let you know what I think.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

KODIAK wrote:Yes, why not. Let me find a link, and I'll let you know what I think.
How can you try it when you dont have AvsP 2?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

he is talking about the demo which i referred to above.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:he is talking about the demo which i referred to above.
Ah, I see. Oh, I did install the mod last night and I played the first level. I'll let you guys know more about it when I finish it tonight. The new Star Wars sounds are pretty neat but I keep wondering when I'll find my lightsaber. :wink:
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

now there is an idea! a Jedi w/lightsaber vs Aliens!!!
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

now there is an idea! a Jedi w/lightsaber vs Aliens!!!
. . . .I'm thinking, somewhere along the lines of the equivalent to a B-61 test mission . . .? :twisted:

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I played the SW mod for about an hour and I was pretty disappointed. All this mod does is change the sound effects and some of the character models. All of the weapons are the same, the levels are the same, the cutscenes are the same and there is no lightsaber. Your "lightsaber" is the Marine combat knife. LOL.

Anyway, I cant recommend this mod to anyone. It really doesn't add anything substantial. Thanks for posting the link though since I was curious to at least give it a try.