GRAW Map Pack

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

GRAW Map Pack

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter Map Pack

As promised, the Ghost Recon Website now offers a new Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter PC Map Pack that includes three new DM maps, new co-op levels, a multiplayer map editor, and more, all detailed in the complete patch notes. They also have downloads of an "Advanced Tactical Centre" for the game, word on an Xbox 360 GRAW tourney, and details on the next map pack, planned for release next month:
We're proud to announce the release of an all new content package for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for the PC. The massive content update delivered by Multiplayer Pack 1 builds upon the original game by offering new multiplayer modes, expanded coop campaign through newly added missions and the addition of an all new map editor. Along with the delivery of this fresh new content comes a list of fixes and updates, further optimizing players’ experience with GRAW PC. More information and further support for GRAW PC will be announced in the near future. Until then, take a look below for an outline of content and optimizations this huge update consists of and for access to new assets:

• Multiplayer gets down and dirty as the Deathmatch (DM) game type has been added to the game, along with 3 brand new DM maps! Industrial, Suburbs and Hollow
• Additional co-op levels
• Multiplayer map Editor has been added
• Fully dedicated servers now available for GRAW PC
• Multiple upgrades and optimizations

For a complete list of upgrades, fixes and optimizations please click here.

Hang on! The second MP Pack, currently slated to release in July for free, will introduce the Team Deathmatch mode as well as one of the most popular original Ghost Recon MP modes! Expect also plenty other adding and improvements. More info to come soon
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Sounding better, let's see what you guys think of it.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Softball

Post by Softball »

I'm assuming this is part of the 1.16 patch? Here is a link I found at SIMHQ for DL:

1.16 MP Map Pack (127MB)
http://patches.ubi.com/ghost_recon_adva ... pack_1.exe

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

part???

are patches now in parts???
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

I'm not sure if this is the actual "patch", in the link I put up it says 1.16 MP Map Pack 1... ??

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

maybe Panzer would actually give us a link to what he posted???
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:maybe Panzer would actually give us a link to what he posted???
sorry about that. Here you go:

http://www.ghostrecon.com/uk/newspost.php?id=15886
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

thx Panzer...

looks like leader dies still = mission over.
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

it says the editor is now available. I wonder if that's just a map editor or a mission editor as well? I wonder if the leader dying is a mission setting or a game engine limitation. I'll dig a bit, but it looks like this patch really addresses quite a bit.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

on the contrary i would say it addresses little. this is all stuff that should have been in the release. this shows it was released early and unfinished.

would be good to know if leader dies is a setting somewhere, but i am sure someone would have figured it out by now.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

haha! Ubi is at it again... not only do we get boonty in Pacific Fighters addons, we get:

There are NO ds files in this update. The talk of late is Gamespy is paying UBI for exclusive rights to the sads files. In an attempt to please customers UBI has set up 20 dedicated servers.

ds=dedicated server files they talk about being 'available'... what a freakin' load of marketing BS that release note is!
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Yeah well it only serves to keep the real GR fans away. And at the end of the day, my checksum goes like this:

leader dies game over = don't buy this it's crap
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Softball

Post by Softball »

Looks like this is the 1.16 patch. I got it installed and played a mission last night, leader dies = mission over is still in effect. :( I did not see any place where I could disable this "feature" (lol). In fact, on one of the mission loading screens there was some text saying that if the leader dies the mission is over and that the team has to stay close to him (to protect him) and work as a team, or the mission is over. HAHA WTF??

Also, still no option for more that 4 players in COOP. I guess we still wait until they address these issues.

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

It looks like the "July" patch will be the one to wait for as they mentioned a ton of stuff for the summer but only some is in this patch. Unless they also plan an "August" patch.

If you read their FAQ, you can see their reasoning on this. SP was done, MP was incomplete. They "decided" (read were pressed to) release now so people could get the game sooner rather than later. None of these updates will do more than fix bugs in SP apparently, everything new/added/changed is for MP.

I'm still not done with the SP stuff, not by a long shot, since the difficulty is damned HARD.
The Jedi Master