Company of Heroes: WWII RTS Demo

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Company of Heroes: WWII RTS Demo

Post by Softball »

I DL'd and played the MP Beta demo of this last night. WOW, what a GREAT game so far. I made some video clips of the training missions that come with the demo. If I can get the video(s) file size small enough, I'll host them here and you can see for yourself. I am 100% sure I will be getting this game when it's released. I think this one might even appeal to Steel. :)

Check back here for video clips.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

played the tutorials... graphics and sound are outstanding. AI is decent. the thing i just do not like about these games is the abstraction - it is severe (like tanks being almost on top of each other to engage, hit points for health and more), and the points management thing. some games it is o.k., but still the level at which such things are managed are not appropriate for the tactical level the game is. this game is severe - a company commander does not and did not have access to the amount of resources and types of troops available. maybe i am just too much of a realism buff along those lines - just does not make sense in my mind.

still, might be fun to try MP... you do need to be a fileplanet subscriber and get a key for MP though. at least until the general demo release.
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

I think I am going to go ahead and order the DVD version of this at chipsbits.com ...
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Softball

Post by Softball »

Right behind ya Gator. :)

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Gator

Post by Gator »

pre-ordered the DVD edition at CnB.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver