Call of Juarez Demo

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Call of Juarez Demo

Post by Softball »

DL'd and played through the demo tonight, pretty damned cool for a Western shooter.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/thelawman/index.html

Here are some screenshots I took:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

And a video...sorry about the quality, I had FRAPS setup to record at 1/2 the resolution, so it's 840x525. The screenshots above are what it looks like in game. Also, I was still learning the game when I took this video, I didn't know I had to use the right mouse button to fire the right hand gun. Doh!
COJ VIDEO 1

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

This looks freaking cool!!! I watched the video and the animation is really cool. Steel would love this. He's been looking for a decent western shooter.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Can I be the Good?

Grifter can be the Bad

and Softball can be Ugly.

:D

I just recently watched that movie and it has to be the greatest Western ever made in my opinion.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

As long as the Ugly wins, you got it bud. :P

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Softball wrote:As long as the Ugly wins, you got it bud. :P
The Ugly doesn't win but at least he survives. :wink:
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

cue spaghetti western dramatic whistling
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

this could be sweet!

i was actually considering loading up the Lucasarts game not too long ago. it was always fun!
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Grifter wrote:cue spaghetti western dramatic whistling
and dont forget the "Wah, Wah, Wah" that comes after the whistling.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Well, in the demo you get to play two characters, so far I have only played one.(The reverend) The other is an Indian named Billy, I'll try that out tonight and take some more footage.

Falker

Post by Falker »

Thanks SB

I’ll grab the DL and have a look.

<S>

Falker
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

this will probably be a buy for me...

there are actually a few games coming out in the next couple of months that look decent, and a few mods to other games (Rome: Total War for one that I check out).
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

I played the demo as Billy the Indian last night, it was somewhat short, not much fighting. You ended up sneaking around mostly to get what you want and where you need to go. He gets a bullwhip for a weapon, but you only use it for getting around. I had to use the bullwhip to grab a tree trunk on a cliff to get from ledge to ledge. Then you had to sneak around some Apache indians (with GUNS!) and steal their horse. In one part, the Apache indians had 2 horses standing near their camp, you have to swat one on the butt to make it run away and then steal the other horse. Riding the horse is very fun, but a little tricky to manuever. You steer the horse with the KB and look around with the mouse. Takes some getting used to, but it's probably the best "simulation" of riding a horse I have ever seen.

The demo ended rather quickly, and man it sure does leave you wanting more. I'm 99% sure I'm going to get this, it's like playing Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion graphics in Wild West setting.

Oh, and it has MP, but the demo does unlock the MP so I don't know what's involved.

Falker

Post by Falker »

I got shot up pretty good at the regular level. The whole town was after me , calling me names and such. I found it easier to just run up on them when they were reloading and blast em. Also I felt more comfortable pushing the X key and using one gun for rapid fire. Nice game ... Now I’m stuck up in the barn house looking at the water tower. I’m not sure what to do now. I already fell to my death twice trying to jump over. O.o

Anyway I think this game has good multi player potential. I wonder what western names other people will use in this game. I got dibs on Old Mad Dog.
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

hmmm... Steel. :D

actually, I might use Doc Holiday. tied to a history that some here MIGHT know or remember.
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

You have to shoot the top of that water funnel, it will fall over and make a ramp for your to jump onto. Walk across the ramp/funnel and then around the water tower onto the rooftop on the nearby building. You will have a quick draw fight with a boss-type character. I unloaded my full 6 rounds into him before he fired a single shot at me.

I think I'll use the name "Quickdraw" as my character name in the full game. :D

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

then the demo is over... :(

i could definitely us emore - it was fun.

hey - there's an idea! quickdraw mcgraw. anybody remember the cartoon? and the donkey sidekick Baba Looey? or maybe the secret idenity El Kabong! :D i could do any of those.... ;)
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote: i could definitely us emore - it was fun.
Then the demo worked as intended. You want more....so you now may go and buy the game! :wink:
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

actually not yet... :(
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I played the demo last night and really liked it.

here are some screenshots I took:

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards ... 3;t=003632
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

this game is now released...

a mp demo is also available. anyone want to give it a "shot" one night?
Helmut