GRAW coop Map Pack 3 is out!

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

GRAW coop Map Pack 3 is out!

Post by Softball »

Will this be the nail in the coffin? Let's find out...

Get it here:
http://www.ghostrecon.com/us/

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I've DLd it, will install later...I'm on the final mission and don't want to install until I finish it for fear of trashing my save! :)
The Jedi Master
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

dont get your hopes up. 4 man teams, recon and firefight but no OGR COOP in sight and on the GR.net forums all hell broke loose espically after BoGrin (the lead dev) basically said boo freaking who all of us coop players are trolls anyway......I cant decide if mine is going to be a coaster or I take it to the range, stick it on a target frame and put some .223 thru it and send it back to grin in little pieces.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

4 man teams is o.k., as long as there can be three of them? no? just one?

and i take it no coop missions, right?
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

I played around with this new patch a bit tonight. Here is some quick notes...

The Good: The maps are HUGE , you can play up to (12) players in OldGR coop mode.
The Bad: There are only (3) OldGR coop maps to choose from in this patch, and I don't see any kind of mission editor for OldGR:COOP or GRAW coop. Maybe the mission editor is a seperate EXE? There are no "missions" per say (that I can tell) in OldGR coop mode, it's basically terrorist hunt on huge outdoor maps.

Not sure about Join in progress, but I assume it's in there because there is a dedicated server option. There are Coop "missions", but I believe you are restricted to the GRAW format, ie leader dies mission over, and not sure if you are able to have (3) 4 man teams or just 4 players.

If anyone here wants to give this a try like Thursday or Friday night, post here so we can set something up.

Gator

Post by Gator »

If you read the release notes:

* Added a new checkbox in the Cooperative campaign that allows players to continue even if Mitchell dies.

* Updated the Editor to allow outputting Siege and OGR Coop maps.

So, you get 3 new maps that are "OGR COOP." Plus you can play the campaign coop and continue even if mitchell dies. This would still be 4-players only (I'd guess), but since most of you all don't play this anyway, that's not really an issue, is it. So, they fix the "leader dies - mission ends" feature and we're still all complaining?
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

they are single objective, so far nobody can figure out how to script multi objectives. and Yes it is still only 4 peeps. Dont really matter much, since my box cant handle the insertion in sp mission #2 anyway.

I'm gonna take a long look at armed assualt
Gator

Post by Gator »

1) The "OGR Coop" mode is 12 player max
2) You can turn off the insertion video in "Campaign Coop"
3) Until the stock missions have been played through, we shouldn't complain about the objectives on custom missions.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

jeez Gator, the OGR COOP stuff is recon or firefight on 3 maps. Recon is 1st guy yo hit the LZ, game over. No other objectives. Fire Fight is kill all tangos. Run and gun. No check this out, rescue this hostage, stop that tank, knit a sweater...etc.

It's either TvT BF2 style run and gun, or a 4 person recon/firefight. Their view if OGR COOP is not even in the same zip code.

and just because they made the hardware requirments in the 2008+ time range, dosent negate the fact that I paid my 50$ like everyone else and got a bug filled incomplete game. To be perfectly honest, I will wait several months for customer reviews before I buy another Ubi game
Softball

Post by Softball »

Actually, the Recon/Firefight features are used in the OldGR mode, and supports up to 12 players.

I wasn't aware that you could disable the leader dies, mission over feature, that's cool.

Only (4) players in COOP GRAW mode, that blows. But like you said Gator, I think we barely have (4) people here that actively play it, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'll check out the editor and see what can be changed or made using the (3) maps provided. The maps are very big, so there might be some fun to be had with the editor. However, if it's only Recon and Firefight modes, when else could you possibly do in the editor to change what the default maps already do? I suppose you could lay down tangos in certain spots, make random patrols, make some kind of defend this area for X number of minutes, or make a mission that you have to get to X location in X number of minutes of you fail the mission. You would have to utilize speed and tactics while fighting off tangos along the way. I'm just speculating on this, but it may be possible.

We could always do team vs team stuff too, but not everyone has GRAW so that would be pointless to have 2 vs 2 on a 24 player map.

I'm not bashing the patch or the game, just trying to stay positive and play the game for what it is.

Gator

Post by Gator »

If I recall correctly, we (WOF) played Raven Shield in "Tango Hunt" mode almost exclusively for more than 2 years. It was never "run-n-gun."

3 Maps is a limitation, but that may not last long. I don't think you would modify those three maps, but I'd bet you could take the custom maps that have been released and add "OGR COOP" mode to them. We'll have to see. It says it came with examples and tutorials, so I'll take a look and see what I can find.
Softball

Post by Softball »

I was reading through the editor documentation, and if I read it correctly, you can make your own maps!! I'm not sure if it takes a little more (3D Studio Max?? ) than what the editor gives us, but at least they show you how to make your own maps and add your own objects on the map, if I read that correctly.

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I think I am going to use my cd when i get back to canada to test out my paintball gun before I go to a big game :P.
Softball

Post by Softball »

VEGETA wrote:I think I am going to use my cd when i get back to canada to test out my paintball gun before I go to a big game :P.
Can you email me your CD Key? :lol: :D

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

why on earth would u want it. the dam game sucks for what we want it for. I may actulay tryt he single player see how that is tho lol
Softball

Post by Softball »

Yea, I thought so. :wink:

Gator

Post by Gator »

VEGETA wrote:the dam game sucks for what we want it for.
Guess some of us want something different than others, eh?
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I just finished the SP campaign. Some parts are harder than others, and the final mission was a real PITA at the end. It took me two HOURS to get from checkpoint 4 to 5 without dying! Of course, after I got to 5, there were only two bad guys not dead and the rest of the mission was just moving around.
The Jedi Master