Count me In

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Count me In

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I finally bought my copy of GRAW today and I'm now in the middle of installing it. Maybe we can play this next Friday?
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

After our successful OFP night last night (LOL), I'd be willing to give GRAW a try for next week. Good to hear you got GRAW Panzer, I hope you like it.

I'm not giving up on OFP just yet, we just have to find some decent missions, hopefully with respawn. I am gonna guess that most of the WGL missions I have DLed do not have respawn (realism?) , so they may have to be edited to add respawn.

I did not care for the missions where we started out carrying no weapons, and had to select the weapons you want. Takes more time to grab weapons after the mission has started, and you can't arm the AI. Kind of stupid IMO.

I think we will have to make our own missions to get what we really want. If we are willing to start playing OFP on a regular basis, I will take the time to sit and make some missions for us to play. Missions take a lot of time to make and troubleshoot, so I don't want to waste my time if we aren't going to bother playing.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Softball wrote:After our successful OFP night last night (LOL), I'd be willing to give GRAW a try for next week. Good to hear you got GRAW Panzer, I hope you like it.

I patched it to the latest version and I've already finished the first 2 missions of the campaign. I had to fiddle with the graphics options for a while in order to get the optimal frame rate. I'm really liking the game so far and I only had to pay 30 bucks for my copy!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I am totally willing to play more OFP if the missions don't waste our time. There's nothing wrong with the basic game and the WGL mod seems great.

I'm also willing to play GRAW whenever! The GRAW coop mode works well now, although it still has the lousy 4 player limit, because the leader dying doesn't end the mission and he can respawn if there are AI left.
However, many a night we've had less than 4 players for OFP or R6 and that limit won't be a problem. Should a 5th person show, we can then switch to OGR mode.
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I have the same outlook as Jedi. OFP rules and we should keep playing it but the fun is really destroyed when we do missions that have no respawn. It's one thing to not have respawn when you play solo but when several guys are playing online you dont want one of your buddies to just be sitting there and picking his nose just because he died early in the mission!
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Plays a lot like RVS on terrorist hunt now. Have to say that with this patch, I'm finally happy with the game; well at least fairly happy, there are still some things I hope they fix in future patches. shrug. :-)
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Yeah, I played 2 missions with Jedi today and GRAW certainly feels a lot more like Raven Shield in gameplay. We were playing on Normal difficulty and we were still getting killed from time to time.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Grifter wrote:Plays a lot like RVS on terrorist hunt now. Have to say that with this patch, I'm finally happy with the game; well at least fairly happy, there are still some things I hope they fix in future patches. shrug. :-)
Well, I wouldn't count on any major changes. Some bug fixes or tweaks perhaps, but after 3 major patches I think we've seen the end of them.
The Jedi Master