For those who have finished FEAR (spoilers included)

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

For those who have finished FEAR (spoilers included)

Post by PanzerMeyer »

So what did you guys think of the storyline and big "twist" at the end of the credits? So if I understand this correctly, the 8 year old girl Alma is the mother of both the character you play and also the mother of Fettel. Fettel is referred to as the "2nd prototype" so I assume that makes you the 1st prototype. Harlan Wade mentions that Alma was 15 years old when she gave birth to the first prototype and then she was put back into the vault. Did anyone see a connection here between this story and what happened in The Grudge? Basically, the terrible things that were done to Alma caused an immense amount of pain and agony to be built inside of her and that's why she exacted her revenge on Wade and some of the other scientists involved in the project.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Not having seen the Grudge, I have no idea if there are any similarities.
The Jedi Master
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

It may result in me being labelled a big girl, but i found the grudge to be the most shit scary film i've seen in a long time...the way it shows your not safe, even when horror film rules say you should be (the bit when the woman hides under her quilt anybody?) really freaked me out.
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
Falker

Post by Falker »

The game freaked me out a bit towards the end. Sitting there in the dark playing this game with the surround sound effects homing in from all sides. It's like no other FPS military combat game I've ever played. Maybe the Max Payne game close. A dark and dreary game that must come to an end.

The girl reminded me of the girl from The Ring movie of course. Overall it was well done and about high time a pc game peaked my interest.

I've never had the chance to see 2004 The Grudge movie. An American nurse living and working in Tokyo is exposed to a mysterious supernatural curse, one that locks a person in a powerful rage before claiming their life and spreading to another victim.

( sounds like the 2004 Infection Movie ) When a patient dies horrifically In Tokyo, the hospital staff clash over a cover-up. Then another patient begins to disintegrate in a wildly revolting manner. The spectral hospital chief Dr. Akai explains that the virus is under investigation just as another patient disappears into the ventilation system.

But i did see a billboard on the way home today that showed The Grudge Oct. 13th. Not shure whats up with that , I'd need to look into it.
We're in the pipe , five by five.