Battlefield 2142 public demo released!

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Battlefield 2142 public demo released!

Post by Hammer »

This demo has been released to the public. Thx. for the post Moose!

http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/b ... _News.aspx
Last edited by Hammer on 04 Oct 2008, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

I will be checking this out, I want to see if it's worth getting.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Falker

Post by Falker »

Totally , I grab the demo and check it out by this weekend. It been busy around here l8ly.
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

looks like it is mulitplay only... i am going to see if there is a dedicated server i can install on the game server.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes - there is a demo server. downloading and setting it up now... not sure what modes are available though.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

no coop. titan and conquest modes only. if anyone finds a way to enable coop in the demo, let me know.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

k - dedicated server running and tested. see servers forum about how to access. server is named RLG Dedicated Demo, password is usual (see server forum if you don't know).

yes, you can share with folks you know and trust... it is kinda boring walking around by yourself.
Last edited by Hammer on 11 Oct 2006, 07:41, edited 1 time in total.
Helmut
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

part of the reason i like this game is the titan mode...IMO it appears to be the most truly 'tactical' game mode i've seen in BF. You need to take down the shields on the titan, then get onboard somehow, and you and your team then engage in CQB whilst trying to disable the titan...Ok, it's no OGR or RVS, but i'm quietly hopefull...plus, no uber-jets!! hurrah!
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
Softball

Post by Softball »

I played around on the server last night, I believe it was in Conquest mode (No Titans). I spent some time checking out all the different vehicles and such. I think I finally have the hang of the aircraft/hovercraft. BF2142 feels VERY much like BF2, except that it's all in the future. It has the equivelant units of BF2, the weapon animations and sounds are pretty good, and the graphics are outstanding.

The load times were about the same as BF2, the first time you run the game it takes about 5 minutes to render shaders and such. I ran the demo at 1600x1200 ( No WS Support, BOO ) and all settings maxxed out, I was getting from 50-85 FPS. This was running around on the server solo, I'm sure the FPS will drop when the server gets populated. If it stays at 50-85 FPS, I'll be impressed.

Overall I enjoyed the demo, but I'm still on the fence about getting it. I have BF2 and only 2 or 3 other WOF members have BF2. BF2 has bots and and BF 2142 as far as I can tell, does not. Me getting BF2142 is going to be very dependant on other people (WOF) getting the game, being able to run it, and getting together to play it. I barely have time to play the games we already have, so you get the idea. I think the demo is a great starting point, if we can get everyone to DL and install it, we can give it a try as a squad and see if this is something we want to consider playing.

I am also waiting for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars to come out, and see how that compares to BF 2142.
Last edited by Softball on 11 Oct 2006, 13:38, edited 2 times in total.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

2142 will have coop mode. just the demo does not...

i would like to try it with several folks on the demo server, and since it is free...

i do think quake wars will put it to shame...

Falker,
do not look for this to replace mechy, one mech, miniguns and some kind of missile/rocket lancher. very rudimentary compared to mechy.
Helmut
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

i gotta say, i've been playing this for the past few days, and i love it...I think it's a substantial improvement on BF2 in that i think the balance is better - i.e. no 'uber' jets bombing everything in sight. Everything 'appears' to have its weakness, and you can exploit that to achieve the objectives...definately one that i will be buying
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I actualyb have BF2 and do enjoy it but right now the laptop I have needs more ram to use it well. City of heroes sucks now with only 512. O and the laptop has a gforce 7600 card, and has been tested for battlefield 2 by others, with ram, it runs fine. I am not sure on this new one, as wel, looks kool so I may just get it to hold me over untel unreal tortoment 2007 hits.