BF2...and PRMM

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I just got kicked bacause of the boster pack. but funny i have the buster pack, got it yetorday for 10$. but u have to regester the dam thing doh lol
Gator

Post by Gator »

I connected about 10 minutes ago and it was fine. Not sure if that was before or after you changed it. It was on Wetlands. Just tweaking my vid settings. Seems ok now.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

anyone know exactly what is in the booster pack?
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

well bsiclay extra maps and vecials. Let me see in the manual here

4 new jets
4 helicopters
mussel car
semi truck
British chalanger and germen lepard 2 tanks

some new guns

new troopers, u can be I beleave European troopers now.

and maps
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

nm, found it. i needed the specific map names so i could exclude them from the rtotation as most folks do not have the booster packs.

Veg - do you have both or just one?

it actually seems to me like the special forces expansion would be more interesting than the booster packs. but at any rate i suggest we start with plain vanilla bf2 and the prmm mod...then go from there if interest picks up.

i am now working on getting the prmm coop stuff running...so you will need that to play... i will post the additional download once i have it going.
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

PR is a pretty cool mod, I found this info on it.

http://guide.realitymod.com/index.php?t ... eality_FAQ

I am DLing the Patch and the PR Mod, won't get it installed tonight, taking a loooong time to DL. I will probably pickup the SF2 expansion ($15), and it looks like you can buy the booster packs as well ($20 for both booster packs), so I think I'll grab that too. $35 total, meh, I've done worse.

BOOSTER PACKS LINK($20)
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646817

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I actulay bhave ALL of it, buster packs and the special forcess. Tho to be hones tnrever used special forcess :P
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I can no longer connect to the server. I could not as of late last night. and still no go today.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Veg,
from a post up the thread:

"i am now working on getting the prmm coop stuff running...so you will need that to play... i will post the additional download once i have it going."

actually, it is going to take a bit to get everyone set up. i have the server configured, but an additional 1.5GB download is needed for coop PRMM play. Most of it is duplicate, but I have not yet had time to sort it all out...so just bundled it up...

-so, everyone DL the PRMM latest mod, install that.
-then DL this file:

http://files.rlgaming.com/BF2/levels.rar

and extract its contents into the mods/pr/ folder, overwriting anything it wants to.

then you will be ready for coop.

for now, i will put the server back up as vanilla BF2 coop, 1.41. when everyone that wants to play signify they are ready i will switch the server to PRMM coop.

SB,
we know - that is why we have been using PRMM! I think the PRMM mod adds a lot of stuff to the game - not sure if it is worth picking up all that stuff unless you and Veg want to do reviews on it. :) What is SF2? I thought there was just one SF expansion?
Last edited by Hammer on 22 Dec 2006, 16:03, edited 1 time in total.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

o.k. - vanilla BF2 coop up and running right now. make sure you all let me know (post here) once you have everything set up for PRMM coop.
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

prmm ... the file i downloaded is called pr_0406_setup.exe ... just want to make sure we've all got the same thing.
Gator

Post by Gator »

uh, steel, I think you need to mod your instructions slightly. The RAR file you posted needs to be unzipped to the mods\pr folder ... it already contains the levels folder. ....
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes - 0406... ah! did not realize that. updated...
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

So, just so I have this right, we need to DL the PR mod which is 1.6GB and then the Levels.rar file which is 1.5G? Ugh! DLing the Levels.rar file now...

While I was out Christmas shopping today, I saw BF2 SF and BF2 Booster Packs, I picked up both for $35. So, I'm GTG on the expansion packs.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes - both for now. i have not had time to figure out what is a duplicate between the two - a LOT of it is - to make the second dl smaller...

when i have a chance... :(
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

WE ARE VENT. NOW.